Chapter 105

𝑴𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒔 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐏𝐄𝐃𝐑𝐈 𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐒 𝐌𝐄.

𝖯𝖾𝖽𝗋𝗂:
𝖧𝖾𝗒 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖻𝗎𝗌𝗒 𝗍𝗈𝖽𝖺𝗒

𝖬𝖾:
𝖨𝖿 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗇𝖾𝖽, 𝗇𝗈.

𝖯𝖾𝖽𝗋𝗂:
𝖢𝖺𝗇 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗈 𝗆𝗒 𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗌𝖾? 𝖩𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗅 𝖦𝖺𝗏𝗂 𝗒𝗈𝗎'𝗋𝖾 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋

𝖬𝖾:
𝖶𝗁𝗒 𝗇𝗈𝗍...???

𝖯𝖾𝖽𝗋𝗂:
𝖧𝖾'𝖽 𝖻𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝗇𝗈𝗒𝖾𝖽. 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗂 𝖺𝖼𝗍𝗎𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒 𝖺𝗆 𝗂𝗇𝗏𝗂𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖡𝖢 𝗈𝖿 𝗁𝗂𝗆

𝖬𝖾:
𝖧𝗎𝗁?

𝖯𝖾𝖽𝗋𝗂:
𝖼𝗁𝗋𝗂𝗌𝗍𝗆𝖺𝗌 𝗂𝗌 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗎𝗉 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗂 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗐𝗈𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗂𝖿 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗍𝗈 𝗁𝖾𝗅𝗉 𝗆𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗀𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗐𝗋𝖺𝗉𝗉𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖼𝗋𝖺𝗉. 𝗐𝖾 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾𝗇'𝗍 𝗁𝗎𝗇𝗀 𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝗅𝖾. 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗅𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝗒 𝗀𝗈𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗇 𝗀𝖺𝗏𝗂 𝖺 𝗀𝗂𝖿𝗍??

𝖬𝖾:
𝖺𝖼𝗍𝗎𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒, 𝗇𝗈

𝖯𝖾𝖽𝗋𝗂:
𝖶𝖾 𝖼𝗎𝖽 𝗀𝗈 𝗈𝗇𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖨'𝖽 𝗁𝖾𝗅𝗉 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗁𝗂𝗆?

𝖬𝖾:
𝖮𝗁, 𝗌𝗎𝗋𝖾, 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗇. 𝖨'𝗅𝗅 𝖻𝖾 𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝖻𝗂𝗍. 𝖩𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗀𝗈𝗍 𝗍𝗈 𝗀𝖾𝗍 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝗒 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝗍𝗎𝖿𝖿.

𝖯𝖾𝖽𝗋𝗂:
𝖲𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽𝗌 𝗀𝗈𝗈𝖽. 𝖲𝖾𝖾 𝗎 𝗌𝗈𝗈𝗇

𝖬𝖾:
𝖸𝖾𝖺𝗁 𝗎 𝗍𝗈𝗈

I put on a white jean jacket, a white frilly dress with red flowers, and a pair of white sneakers. Of course, I'm also wearing my bracelet and necklace, like always. I know I'm just going over to hang out at Pedri's house, but I always enjoy at least dolling myself up a little bit. I put on a little bit of mascara and rouge on my cheeks and lips. Then, before I head out the door, I put a brush through my hair, and get a taxi.

When I make it to his house, I ring the doorbell. When Pedri opens the door, he's wearing a plain white t-shirt, black sweatpants, and a plain black watch on his wrist. His face lights up when he sees me, and he lets me in, leading me to the living room. His house is just as huge as Gavi's, but it has a older, more homey feel to it, than Gavi's rich, expensive, impressive, modern feel. I think I actually like Pedri's house better. I wonder why Gavi doesn't try something like this... Maybe it'd help him enjoy his house a little bit more.

"So, what presents have you already bought?" I ask him as we sit down in the chairs. There's a bunch of gifts, wrapped, not wrapped, and half wrapped, strewn all over the carpeted floor, along with rolls of wrapping paper, a pair of black shiny scissors, and scraps of tape and wrapping paper everywhere.

"Well, I've got gifts so far for Ferran, Ansu, Gavi, Sergio, Eric, Robert, Ousmane, Raphinha, Ronald, and Frenkie."

I stare at him in awe. "You're getting gifts for the whole team?"

He grins broadly. "I do every year, you know."

"Seriously? How? That's, like, over twenty guys to shop for!"

"Yeah, it's kind of hard, but it's not like I don't have the money, right? Besides, no one else does it, and there's some of those guys who get hardly anything. Like, Sergio, Marc-Andre, Sergi, and those guys... they all get loads of stuff. But what about Eric, Inaki, Marc... They get barely anything, especially Marc. Those younger Atletic guys get hardly anything, but in training, they're just as much teammates to us as Sergio is our captain. You know? I don't know, for Christmas I just always get everything one gift. It just seems the most fair."

I consider this for a few moments, before nodding, saying, "Sure, that sounds like a pretty good way to think about it, if you're willing to buy all those gifts."

"Yup, and I am."

"So what did you get for Gavi?"

He grins, standing up, goes to his pile of bought gifts, and holds up the gift. There are three hoodies- all of them Nike, all of them looking very high-quality, all of them looking very expensive, all of them looking very fashionable, and all of them I'm sure would look amazing on my boyfriend. "I know it's three, but, like, they all came together, so it's fine. Think he'll like it?"

"Sure," I nod. "He always is wearing hoodies."

"Yeah, I know. That's why I bought it for him," he grins.

"Plus, I'm really into them, too," I grin back.

"What do you mean?" he raises his eyebrows, putting the gift back down, and sitting back down next to me.

"Well, he lets me wear his hoodies all the time," I giggle a bit.

"Ohhh," he laughs. "I see now. Well, you're welcome then, Ember."

I smile at this. Pedri gets me on wrapping gifts with him, and as we begin, he asks in a casual tone, "So, how are things going with Gavi?"

"Oh, gosh, Pedri, it's amazing. He's so perfect. Man, I love him so much. Just yesterday, he was calling me his princess. He said I was his precious priceless jewel. Isn't that just the sweetest? He's the perfect boyfriend. I said he was my prince charming," I giggle a bit. "He's got everything a girl would want. First there's obviously his physical appearance, with his beautiful brown eyes and his strong muscles and his... ugh, his everything. And he's so honest and trustworthy and protective and dependable... and caring. And he can be the most hilarious sap, Pedri. Yeah, Gavi being a sap. Sometimes he just gets in these moods, and I love it. When he just wants to kiss me and hold me and tell me the most... Just things any girl loves to hear..." Suddenly, I realise how much I just rambled about my boyfriend to Pedri, casual, silly Pedri with his good sense of humor and casual disposition, who is both me and Gavi's very close friend, who is a guy. I feel an overwhelming feeling of awkwardness about what I just let myself say, and my face starts to heat up as I glance to him, looking to see his expression.

He's looking at me with a little smirk and raised eyebrows, and teases, nudging my shoulder with his elbow, finally letting out a laugh, "Sheesh, Ember, you could've just said 'Things are going great, thanks.'"

"Shut up!" I laugh back, and I like remembering how nice it is to just hang out with Pedri. Nothing is dramatic with him, and if it is, it's on accident, which is nearly never. We just laugh and tease and talk and we're so honest with each other. Man, Pedri is such a good friend.

He smiles, "No, really, I'm just kidding, Ember. I'm glad things are good with you two. It's a little strange to imagine my friend being all sappy like that, but I'm glad he charms you!" There's a bit of a goofy tone in his voice.

I just roll my eyes with a grin and a shrug and red cheeks.