Chapter 8

~ Author's Note ~

Okay, okay, so I know this is an author's note on a Gavi story, but unfortunately, I haven't started the Pedri story I have in mind YET, so I'm just going to say this here.

WHEN BARCELONA PLAYED GIRONA YESTERDAY PEDRI WAS <3 <3 <3

Can I just say I love Pedri as much as I love Gavi? And everyone should, because Pedri is AWESOME.

Okay, anyway, I hope you're enjoying this book, and stay tuned for a Pedri book coming out, if you're a Barcelona fan.

Enjoy! <3

𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒚, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆.

𝐈 𝐀𝐌 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐈𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒, 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄. I skip classes, and lie to my friends, saying I'm going to a doctor's appointment. I also lied and said my phone call with Gavi was a phone call about the appointment. Technically, if you just take out that it's a doctor's appointment, it wouldn't be a lie, not at all, so I don't feel too bad about it, because I'm not lying too much. So it's not that bad.

Me and Gavi were texting, and he said we could just meet at the east door of the mall at around 10:00 A.M. He has to be back by 1:00 P.M., which gives us plenty of time, because he has some training stuff to do or something.

I don't know. I didn't really pay attention to that part. I'm just too excited about our date.

Okay, okay, I know it's not a date. But in my head, I'm just dreaming of it being a date.

I make it to the mall ten minutes early, and he's there five minutes later- so he's five minutes early. I try to remember almost everything I can about this guy.

So 1. He gets to meetups five minutes early.

"Hey, Gavi," I smile when I say it. I am sure to say his name quietly.

"Hi," he nods, with a slight smile.

"Gavi is okay, right? I can call you that, right? Or would you prefer Gavira... Or Pablo? Or is there something e-"

"Gavi is good. Everyone calls me Gavi," he nods. He's wearing a baseball cap with a hoodie with it's hood up, to hide the upper part of his face. He has a face mask on, covering the lower half of his face. It's a smart way to remain looking casual but hide his true features.

We enter the mall, and start exploring shops. As we walk, he says, "If you see anywhere you'd like to go, just say so."

"Same goes for you," I say, smiling at him broadly.

He nods, and we walk down the mall, and my eye catches a shoe store. "Wanna go in there?" I ask. "I've been needing some new sneakers."

He shrugs with a nod. "Sure, why not?" We go in, and I end up getting some colorful fashionable Nikes. After we leave the store, I find a bench where I can put them on, because they match the outfit I'm wearing today.

"Those are cool sneakers," he comments. I glance down at his sneakers- plain grey, with the laces undone. I can't help but smile softly to myself. Typical Gavi.

I nod, my smiling widening. "Thanks."

I end up also wanting to stop at two clothes stores, a jewelry store, and a soap and perfume store. The last store we stop at before lunch is the jewelry store, and I find a beautiful pearly gold bracelet, that I fall in love with right away. I hold it up for him to see, with a grin.

He smiles. "That would look nice on you."

"Thanks," I say, annoyed that I'm blushing at this comment. "Should I buy it?"

"No," he says.

I look at him, confused. "You just said it would look good on me. Why shouldn't I buy it?"

"I'm sure it's expensive. Very expensive," he smiles. "So that's why you shouldn't buy it. And that's why I should buy it for you." Suddenly, he takes the bracelet out of my hand, grabs my wrist, and drags me over to the counter. Before I can really protest, he says to the woman at the counter, "I'd like to buy this, please."

The woman smiles, glancing between us, obviously thinking we look like an adorable couple. "Sure thing, sir."

"How much will it be?" he asks.

"Oh, uh, well, this is one hundred eighty-four euros, sir..."

"Good," he grins, taking that out of his wallet. 

"G- Uh, stop, dude-" I say stupidly, almost saying his name. "Come on now. You can't possibly expect I'm going to let you pay for something for me that expensive!"

He shakes his head with a grin, paying for it, and gently grabs my wrist, slipping in on me, and clipping it. When he looks back up at me, his eyes are shining. "It looks wonderful on you, and I think that is worth the money. Thank you, ma'am," he says to the woman at the counter with a wave, before walking out of the store, just like that, hands in pockets, as if he just committed the most casual act on earth.

I speed up after him, saying, "Ga- Wait up!" 

I catch up with him, and he says, "You really need to stop doing that."

"What?"

"You've almost say my name twice now. What if you really do slip, huh? I'll be taking that bracelet back, that's for sure."

"I won't, I won't. Thanks, though, so much for this bracelet. But you didn't have t-"

"I wouldn't've bought it if someone was making me buy it. I know I didn't have to. I in no way felt obliged. I just wanted to."

"But why?"

"I thought I already said, it looks wonderful on you, and I knew by the look in your eyes that you really wanted it. I wanted to gift it to you. That's literally it, no more and no less. It's as simply as that."

I nod, thinking for a few moments, before blurting, "You know, if I accidentally blurt your name in public, I could just say it's Gavin or something."

He laughs out loud at this, before saying. "No, that wouldn't work. If people suspected I was me, then a baseball cap, a hoodie, a mask, and a lowered head wouldn't be enough for them to think it wasn't me. It's not like covering my face makes me automatically not Gavi anymore, you know."

I nod. "Yeah, I guess you're right," I say thoughtfully.

I have a feel that, although it's going to be wonderful, it's also going to be very difficult to be friends with Pablo Gavi.