Chapter 72

~ Author's Note ~

Boy with his trophy. Trophy boy.

Okay, guys, so I love Gavi. Obviously. You already know that. And Gavi is perfect. As we all know.

But one thing that makes me smile every single time.

1. Gavi with bucket hat

LIKE SOMEONE TELL ME WHY HE'S SO CUTE

LIKE SIR WHO SAID YOU WERE ALOUD TO LOOK THIS UNBELIEVABLY GOOD????

𝑰'𝒎 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒂 𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐄. At least not like any kind of campsite I've ever seen before. It's like camping for Richy Rich boys and white bread girls. It's quite treacherous, honestly. This isn't camping. It's more like an amusement park for Mr. and Mrs. Moneybags who got bored of the other ones and wanted to remember what real grass feels like.

Okay, I should stop trashing on this place. 

Sure, I grew up in a rich family, but apparently not rich enough, if this is what camping is to these boys. This campsite has a trampoline park, a lake, three pools, a hotel building, clean bathrooms near all the campsites, rides, a golf course, a volleyball court, and basketball court, a football field, a gym, and- wow, actually one normal thing! Hiking trails! Wow! Amazing! I like hiking trails! I wonder if any of these rich boys with their Hermes and Givenchy have ever seen a hiking trail before! Maybe it'll be a new experience! I hope they don't get too scared if they see a girl wearing dirty Chuck Taylor's and a blouse from Marshall's! Why, God forbid if that happened!

Okay, I really need to calm down about this.

Do you see, at least, why I would think it's a little obnoxious how these overly rich boys are getting excited about sleeping in tents in a place like this? I mean, I've always been rich, but not this rich, and I've had friends who lived in tents for a while because of the toll of poverty. It makes me angry, all of this, because poverty is awful, and these football players swimming in their money don't even seem to realise it. I know I need to keep all of that to myself, though, because it wouldn't be proper or right to start yelling at them about economic problems in society when their spoiled selves are just trying to have fun.

And don't you dare tell my they aren't spoiled. I understand they worked for that they have. And I've always been a football fan, but I also understand there are problems with it. Why do guys who play football get paid millions while the heart surgeon saves lives and makes a lot less? Why do football players inspire so many, but no one cares about those who actually save and help people's lives personally? It doesn't seem fair to me, and it never has. It seems even less fair, now that I actually know some football players, because I know that they're mostly just regular young guys who just so happen to be extremely talented in something that makes them unbelievably famous.

Okay, time for me to calm down and stop rambling!

It's all fine!

I'm fine, I'm okay with it!

In fact, I'm so fine with it, I'm super excited to have a blast with my beautiful boyfriend, my wonderful best friends, and...

Other people.

Like Pablo Torre who can't be trusted for the life of him when he's holding his cell phone and Ferran Torres who is a little too blunt.

ANYWAY I'm not bitter at all! They're great guys! Totally love them so much.

Yup.

"So how's this tent situation gonna go?" Gavi asks. "I mean, we have what, five big tents? So who's sleeping with who?"

"Well, I was originally thinking we would give Ember the smallest tent all to herself, but now I'm starting to consider otherwise, after what Ferran texted me in the car ride here..." Dembele grins, giving a knowing look at me and Gavi, who are standing close to each other, both of our arms crossed across our chests, looking like we're standing as mirror images, without even trying to do this.

"Torres!" Gavi growls in annoyance, about to physically go after Ferran Torres, who backs up, going, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, Gavi, it was Ansu, too!"

"Don't pull me into this!" Ansu defends himself.

"Hey, hey, whoa, Gavi, is right," Pedri says, wrapping his arms around his friend Gavi, pulling him away from Ferran before one or both of them get injured. "Calm down, dude. It's nothing to worry about."

Gavi doesn't seem to agree with this, but he just rolls his eyes, nodding like a pouting little boy. It takes a lot from me not to tease him about this.

"Honestly, though, guys, how are the tents gonna go?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at the chaos that was just avoided so soon into our trip.

Kounde says, "I think there should be a tent with me, Busi, Sergi, and Ansu."

"Why?" Balde asks. "That's, like, so random."

"They're the least rowdy. And they don't seem like they'd snore too loud. Sound good, guys?"

The three of them seem to be fine with this idea of setting up at least one tent.

Ferran says, "Pablo, Angel, Casado, Arnau, you should all sleep in a tent together, because aren't you all like, Barca Atletic buddies or something?"

Pablo shrugs with a laugh and a nod, saying, "I guess you could call us that?"

"So that leaves me," Eric says, "Alejandro, Pedri, Gavi, Ousmane, Ember, and Ferran to split up into the last three tents. What do you guys think?"

"Me and Dembele in one tent," Balde says, "Ferran, Eric, and Pedri in another. And then the last tent is Gavi and Ember."

"Oh, and!" Pablo Torre shouts mischievously from where he's getting annoyed at Angel for putting the tent stake in the ground wrong. "I think you should stick Ferran, Eric, and Pedri's tent right next to Gavi and Ember's!"

"Huh?!" Gavi calls to him, about to go stalking over, "What the hell is that supposed to mean, you little s***?!"

But Pablo just laughs louder at this, calling back, "I'm older than you! In fact, all of us are!"

"Shut up! I'm the better Pablo! You don't even know how to set up a damned tent!" my boyfriend calls back.

"Hey, hey, calm down, the better Pablo!" I tease. "What's got you so on edge today?"

He shrugs simply, muttering, "Nothing at all," and goes back to setting up the tent.