Chapter 71

~ Author's Note ~

That freaking chapter cover image is like Pablo Paez Martin Gavira in his natural habitat - laying on the pitch with an annoyed expression written all over his face.

𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓.

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐎 𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐋𝐈𝐏 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐏𝐄𝐃𝐑𝐈 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 24, 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐏, 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐒. We're taking three cars- Gavi's, Dembele's, and Busquets's. We're not taking Pedri's car, since why would we use mileage on his car when it's literally his birthday that we're celebrating?

In Gavi's car, Gavi, ironically enough, isn't driving. Ansu decided he should drive, because he's more of a trusted driver than Gavi. Way more of a trusted driver.

I think we all doubt, including Gavi, that we wouldn't get in a car crash with Gavi driving with four other people in the car.

So Ansu is behind the wheel with Ferran in the passenger's seat, and me, Gavi, and Pedri squished together in the back. Don't worry- all of us asked to be sitting back there like that. Okay, well maybe not Gavi. But me and Pedri were totally for the idea. The funny thing is, too, we both love Gavi so much, we made him sit in the middle of the two of us.

Gavi's comment to Ferran when he said loudly, "I call shotgun!" was, "Yeah, whatever, Ferran. None of us care if you're in the death seat."

Ferran's response to that was, "You're just mad that you're being forced back there in the middle of those two!"

At that, both me and Pedri teasingly put our arms around Gavi and leaned in, saying, "Yeah, no, Ferran. Gavi loves us, and he can't even deny it."

Yeah, and, well, he didn't deny it. Obviously. He loves us.

In the second car, Dembele's, is Dembele driving, Kounde in the passenger's seat, Pablo Torre in the back on the left, Angel Alarcon in the back in the middle, and Eric Garcia in the back on the right.

The third car, Busquets is driving with Sergi Roberto riding shotgun. Casado is sitting in the middle in the back, with Balde on his left and Arnau on his right.

And so our journey begins.

No one mentions Pedri's birthday to him, because the point is that it's supposed to be a really awful, cheesy surprise. Duh!

Driving in the car with Ansu, Ferran, Gavi, and Pedri is a lot of fun, for sure. When it comes to music, I thought we should let Pedri choose, but Gavi reminded me in my ear with a whisper that it all has to be a stupid surprise like Dembele keeps saying, so Ansu ends up choosing the music, because he's the driver. Plus, Ansu's really good at choosing music. Like, he always picks good music.

A few times Ferran turns into the Focus-On-Driving-Because-I'm-In-The-Death-Seat Police and nudges Ansu so he stops dancing so much to the music.

I thank Ferran with my whole heart for this one.

After a while of silence, Gavi gently, very discreetly, starts rubbing my lower back, and I lean against the window, enjoying this simple, loving touch. Then he slowly slips his hand down to be holding mine, and rubs that, which is even better. I can feel his body heat radiating into mine, and it's like we're completely connected, and God, do I love it.

Pedri and Ansu are in a conversation about musical talents that they're into, and Ferran seems as though he's completely off in his whole world, perhaps on Jupiter or Mars, thinking about things far off away from this vehicle.

So I think we're fine.

Suddenly, though, after a while more, Ferran proves me wrong by saying from the passenger's seat, "Hey, Gavi, I know you love her, but we didn't invite her for you two to be lovebirds back there, you know."

I feel my eyes widen at this and my face set on fire. Gavi swallows, trying to play it cool, saying, "The hell're you talking about, Ferran? Me and Ember are just really close friends, okay?"

Here we are, and he's calling me his friend.

Eugh, Gavi.

"Funny. Never seen friends lean into each other like that. Or... never seen friends have that look in their eyes when the other's name is mentioned. I've never seen a guy who's friends with a girl rub her back so tenderly, or hold her hand in his with so much delicacy, as if she's a queen." I blush at the description in Ferran's words. "Why don't you just freaking tell the team already, man? Having a girlfriend isn't something to be embarrassed or ashamed of, man. It's something to be proud of. You obviously love her. She's something to be proud of if you love her."

I find it a bit silly that Ferran is saying this so casually. And right in front of us all, too.

I glance at Pedri to see a quiet agreement with Ferran in his facial expression.

And my eyes rest on Gavi to see a bright red boy, uncomfortably shifting in his head. His hand is sweating in mine, and clutching it so tightly, my hand is turning a bit red, but he doesn't even notice, he's so shocked and embarrassed by Ferran's blunt words.

He's about to open his mouth to say something, before Ansu says, "So you guys are a couple after all. I thought so, but I was never sure."

Ferran snorts. "I was sure. It's so obvious, and they think they're so good at hiding it."

At this point, I'm just too embarrassed, so I slip my hand out of Gavi's and lean away from him, against the window, unable to take this.

Freaking Ferran Torres.

Ansu says with a chuckle, "That's a good point. They really do suck at hiding it. They really should admit it alread-"

"Alright, I love Ember, she loves me, and we're dating! Happy now?" Gavi suddenly blurts in annoyance.

"No, I'm not," Ferran comments with a smirk in the mirror.

"What?! Why?" Gavi exclaims in nothing but complete aggravation.

"Because you guys oughta stop all that PDA back there next to poor Pedri. You're subjecting the poor guy to it."

"Aw, it's okay," Pedri laughs, hugging Gavi super tightly, who makes an annoyed grunt. "I always publicly display my affection for Gavi."

"Stop," Gavi grumbles, sounding kind of whiny.

"Yeah, so there, Ferran," I say, kissing Gavi's cheek.

"It's not like I'm doing that with Sira whenever we're in public and togeth-"

"Oohhhh, Ferran," Ansu snorts. "Don't even say that."

So, in short, that's how the whole club learned that me and Gavi are, officially, a couple.