Chapter 67

~ Author's Note ~

Here is this interesting screenshot I took awhile ago.

This is Google's opinion on the matter.

What do you agree or disagree with?

I beg to differ on a lot of the names listed, personally.

I think I may or may not have literally laughed out loud while/after seeing/reading this.

𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒏𝒐 𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒂 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆.

𝐆𝐀𝐕𝐈 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐒 𝐌𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐓 𝐌𝐘 𝐁𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆. I change my clothes, putting on a short, grey, tight, stretchy dress that really defines my curves, natural but beautiful makeup, and a gold necklace, along with the necklace and the bracelet he has bought me, which I wear all the time. I just want to be pretty right now. I want to be pretty for him.

When I enter his car, I take a look at him. He's wearing a blue training Barca hoodie and matching sweatpants, and a pair of plain sneakers, one of which is hovering over the gas peddle and the other hovering over the brake. His hair is a little fluffy and messed up from training, and he looks perfect. He glances to me, and his eyes widen, and he declares, "It's hard for me to keep my eyes on the road, you're so gorgeous!"

I can't help but let a girlish, stupid sounding giggle out, but I try to hold it back. I can tell by the look on his face, though, that he thinks it's cute when I giggle. Well, I don't. I think it's stupid. "Stop with that," I demand.

"Stop with what? And why do you get to order me all the sudden, huh? Who told you you had that position?" I can tell there's no real seriousness in his voice, and, if anything, there's a flirty hint to his tone, which makes my face flush slightly. I just roll my eyes at him, and after a very short silence, he says, "Man, I feel like I'm sitting here all sweaty and in my workout clothes after training, next to a literal model... You're looking so much better than I am right now."

I laugh a bit at this comment, but I'm not exactly sure why. There are butterflies threatening to fly right up out of my stomach and through my mouth, right into Pablo's face. "No, Pablo, you're wrong about that. I don't think you even have the ability to look bad. I've never seen you looking bad, babe. Even at your worst, you're still by far the most handsome man I know, and that I've never seen."

"Oh, come on," he laughs, shifting, kind of embarrassed. Then he adds lightheartedly, "I mean, I know I'm pretty good-looking, but I'm not that good-looking, Ember. Don't worry, you don't have to make me feel good- I'm already self-confident enough."

I roll my eyes, but decide there's no point in voicing my disagreement, since I'm sure he already can assume what I think about that.

Soon, Pablo goes through a drive-thru, picks us up some food, and then says, "We should... Well, when we get to my house, do you want to go outside and eat out there?"

I blink, kind of surprised by this offer. "Pablo, it's already nearly fully dark out... You want to eat in the dark? Won't it be a little chilly out, too, anyway?"

"Oh, never mind, then," he purses his lips a few times, before continuing with, "It's... It's fine. We can eat inside. Sorry... for suggesting that."

I look at him, surprised. "No, no, it's fine, we can eat outside! It's fine!"

"No, it's not. You don't want to, and that is fine. You always come first in this relationship." There is no sarcasm or bitterness in these words- in fact, there is nothing but sincerity and honesty. That honestly kind of touches me, to hear him say those words with that emotion, but it still doesn't make me agree with those words.

As he pulls into the driveway by his house, I say, "No, Pablo, that is not right. I am no more important than you are. We can eat outside. You just came back from training, and you're tired, and if that's what you want to do, then let's do that!"

"No, we won't," he shakes his head, now being all disagreeing.

I roll my eyes once again, before sighing as I get out of the car with him, "I'm just wondering... You really want to eat outside, and that's fine and good, but why? Maybe if I heard your reasons, I'd want to, too."

He shrugs, staring at the ground, before finally looking up, and saying after a few seconds, "I wanted to talk with outside of my house, because, sometimes, even with others there with me, it still feels like a huge prison of echoing gold. And I like the outdoors more, because it's just silent. Plus, we stars and the moon are beautiful tonight... I just thought it might be... romantic... or something. But that just sounds stupid, now that I'm saying it out loud. But I just felt like the bugs wouldn't be too bad, either, because it is getting colder lately... And... if you got cold, I could give you a hoodie, because I know how much you like wearing my clothes... And if that weren't enough, you know I obviously wouldn't be opposed to sharing body heat. And then, in my head, we would lay there together on the grass and I'd whisper to you and run my hands through your hair and-"

"Okay, Pablo, I've got it!" I suddenly say, blush lighting up my face. "You've convinced me, now I honestly really wanna do that! You're right, it does sound romantic. But our kind of romantic. The perfect kind of romance that just you and me share. So let's do that. You lead the way; I don't know your lawn. And then could you go inside and grab me a comfy hoodie? And... maybe a flashlight, too?"

He smiles, and gently kisses my forehead. It's just a simple action, but there's so much love in it. And I can't wait. He says to me, "Of course, my love."

Mi amor.