Chapter 102

𝑰 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕... 𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖.

"𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐅, 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐏𝐈𝐃!" I scold as Pablo tries to do just that. We're sitting at a table in the cafe, each holding a warm drink in our hands.

"Ugh, I'm hot..." he sighs.

"Damn right you are, but that's beside the point," I grin.

"Shut up," he groans, but a smile sneaks up on him as he leans back, stretching his legs out. "So, Ember, what do you want for Christmas."

"Uh, nothing."

"Come on! There's got to be something."

"Sex," I blurt.

His face reddened as he said, "Jeez, that's blunt. I didn't mean something like that..."

"Hm, that's a shame," I shake my head.

"What do you really want?" he says, putting his hand on mine.

"You've given me everything I want, except for sex."

"Sheesh," he says simply, rolling his eyes. "Wow, uh, well I don't know about sex, but..."

"But what?"

"Oh, I don't know. So you're telling me that when it comes to a Christmas gift, you're leaving me to figure that out myself?"

"Pretty much," I grin, and I say, just so annoy him, "Unless it's sex."

"Shut up!" he laughs, shaking his head. "I'm already hot enough in this scarf!"

"True, you are hot. Pretty sexy."

"Ugh," he groans, leaning back, laughing. "You're really stuck on that right now, huh?"

"Pablo, I'm half joking."

"Half joking. That's the point I'm trying to make."

"I guess you made it good, then."

Suddenly, there's a girl up behind Pablo. She has pretty straight long blond hair with cute bangs, very well-done makeup, and light skin. She's very pretty, and looks like she could be around our age. She's wearing fancy black Gucci sunglasses, a cute white crop-top, and high-waisted blue jeans, and I figure she must've been quite cold while she was outside. I watch as she grabs Pablo's shoulder, and Pablo turns around in confusion, looking at her.

"Hey!" she smiles, and she has a soft, gentle voice, unlike my sharper one. "Are you Pab-"

Whoa, crap.

"Hey!" Pablo stands up, smiling. "You wanna step outside, ma'am?"

"Wait, huh?" she says, looking into my boyfriend's eyes. "Are y-"

"Uh... you just... wait here. I'll be right ba-" Pablo starts to say to me.

"I'm coming. I want to see this."

He looks unsure, but then the three of us go outside, and Pablo steps into the alleyway between the cafe and the building next to it, and both me and this chick follow him. I trust him, but am just confused about what he's doing. But this girl looks really nervous.

"What... are you..." she says as we step into the alley.

Pablo just throws off the scarf, handing it to me, though, and says, "Yeah. I'm Gavi."

Her mouth drops, and she stares, and suddenly throws her arms around him, saying, "You're my h- hero."

"Uh, right," he laughs.

"Can I have a picture? And your autograph? Wait, why'd you bring me out here...?"

He smiles. "Didn't want you screaming, 'Look, Pablo Gavi is sitting in here everybody!' It would be hard to sign all those t-shirts."

"Oh," she laughs. "Wow, you're so..." 

She kind of stumbles back in awe at talking to Pablo, and I take her hand, saying, "Careful."

I remember that I used to be a fan just like her. She could've gotten lucky just like me and met a footballer, and suddenly, in perspective, it's strange. Why me? I ask myself this as I watch Pablo sign something for her with a pen from her purse.

"Miss, can you take the picture of me and Gavi?!" she asks me.

I smile, taking her phone from her hand and nod, then take the picture of the two of them with her Samsung, covered with a pink and white layered heart phone case a pink beaded string hanging from it with the name Tierra spelled out in black and white beads. I hand it back to her, saying, "There you go."

She stares at me for a few seconds, before saying, "Wait, who are you...? You were sitting with him...?!"

"Oh, uh," I clear my throat. "Just, um, a friend," I say, because it's the best I've got.

"Oh, wow, okay, you're so lucky!" she says, looking at Pablo all googly-eyed the way fans do.

She suddenly, starts quickly digging through her purse, takes out a piece of paper, scribbles something on it, and hands it to my boyfriend, saying, "Here!"

"Oh, uh..."

"I guess I should go..." she smiles, her cheeks turning pink, and waves a little bit at the two of us, before running off, just like that, likely feeling like the luckiest girl on earth.

I'm the luckiest girl on earth.

I'm dating this boy.

Wow.

Sometimes I forget how insane it is that I'm actually dating Pablo Gavi.

"Did she give you her number?"

"Yeah," he shrugs, shoving the pieces of crumpled paper in his pocket with no care. "Obviously I won't be using it. Let's get back to the car. We can finish Christmas shopping later. Better go, before there's a parade of people marching to meet me with the rumor of that I might sign something for them."

"Oh, okay," I nod, wrapping the scarf around him tightly, sticking the hat on his head, saying, "Obviously, the scarf didn't work too well."

"Yeah, I have recognizable eyes, apparently. Pedri always tells me that, and tells me I'm unlucky for that. He tells me his eyes aren't recognizable unless he smiles."

"Pedri is full of crap. He's got the sweetest eyes. I mean, the second sweetest eyes, after yours. And don't complain about having charming eyes, love. If you want to hide them from fans, there's this really cool thing called sunglasses, if you've heard of them. In fact, that girl knew all about them."

He rolls his eyes at my sarcastic remark, and we get to his car. "Wanna go home, or what? I could drop you off, or you could come home with me, or we could go someplace else together?"

"Uh, let's go back to your house."

"Oh, sure. You think Bundesliga might be a little bit more interesting?"

I grin as he starts driving. "Not in the least."

"Oh, c'mon," he teases, laughing a bit. "You don't feel like hearing the commentators worship Jude Bellingham instead of Phil Foden?"

"Never feel like hearing anybody praise anybody else, unless it's you praising me, or the other way around," I grin.

"Oh," he snorts. "How romantic."