Chapter 37

~ Author's Note ~

YESSSSS! BARCELONA BEAT MADRID BARCELONA BEAT MADRID BARCELONA BEAT MADRID!!! FC BARCELONA BEAT REAL MADRID IN COPA DEL REY!!! I. AM. SO. FREAKING. HAPPY. ABOUT THIS. I am telling you right now, I did not think they were going to win. I was scared for Barca!

And then my boys showed stupid Madrid who is boss!!!

Anyway, right, sorry to any Real Madrid fans or something.

Back to the lovely story at hand!!!

ALSO:

WARNING FOR THIS CHAPTER - THERE IS CENSORED SWEARING. It is very censored, though, and trust me, this chapter is so worth reading. I'm really proud of it.

𝑰 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒔. 𝑺𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕. 𝑭𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒖𝒑.

𝐀 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆, 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐖𝐍𝐘 𝐆𝐔𝐘 𝐒𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐌𝐄. He is wearing a blue jacket over a blue hoodie, red sweatpants, and sunglasses. It is strange outfit, but he definitely isn't ugly. To my drunk mind, in fact, he's handsome. Attractive. Good-looking. Intriguing. He has very very curly brown hair. It is cut a little weird and lopsided, but for some reason I don't mind. He has very very thick angry eyebrows and hands that are too big for his thin arms, but for some reason, I don't mind. His face is striking and beautiful, with nearly black eyes, a square jaw, and a perfect nose.

For some reason, in that moment of drunkenness, I fail to remember how much more handsome Gavi is. How much more stunning and striking he is. This guy can't even compare to Gavi.

He says, leaning over the table, so close to me, "Your man left you, huh? Where is he off to?"

I shrug lazily, staring at those eyes, which have taken a hold of me. I say, my words slurred, "I dunno. I think he said he'd go get me somethin' or something..."

"You seriously think that? He was probably just leaving you, trying to break your heart. Guys these days are like that. Especially rich footballers like him. You shouldn't mess with guys like that, for your own sake. I only say this because I care about you. He's probably not coming back, you know..." He leans in closer to me.

I stare at him, eyes wide and worried. "W- What do you mean?" Would Gavi really do that? Is he just doing this to mess with me, like he has in the passed, making me think he loves me and then proving me wrong? It couldn't be too far from the truth... right? This guy might be right... Maybe riches and fame does that to someone... Maybe I should let him go... I shouldn't be messing with guys like that. Maybe I need someone better than that...

There is a little something in me, a feeling, that isn't right about all these thoughts, but my intoxicated mind doesn't listen to that smarter part. I ignore it.

And God, I wish I wouldn't.

"So what is your name?" the guys asks. "I'm Antoni."

"Ember," I say.

"I love your accent..." he says softly, tucking a piece of my hair behind my hair. "Would you like to dance with me on the floor?" He takes my hand, and we stand up.

And suddenly, I get mad, but not for the reason that I should be mad at. I get mad at Gavi. I've known him for so long, and he's been such a coward, so afraid to simply ask me to dance. This guy is right. Antoni is right. Maybe I shouldn't tell myself I need Gavi. Maybe I need someone tougher, braver. Who cares if he's a little bit more scrawny? He has more guts than Gavi, at least, right? So I push Gavi out of my mind, giggling as I stumble out onto the dance floor, being supported by Antoni.

He dances with me, touching me all over, and I love it. He's a charmer.

I guess I don't realise he's a player, too.

His lips are a little chapped when suddenly his lips are on mine. And suddenly, his tongue is exploring my mouth, and everything snaps back to me, right then.

I pull away from Antoni immediately. I glance to the door, and right away, and see Gavi standing in the doorway.

And everything falls apart.

I watch as a painting of emotions spread across Gavi's face, all within one second. But it is in slow-motion. Hurt, pain, rejection, anger, confusion, brokenness, heartache, heartbreak.

I'm in shock.

Before I can do anything else, Gavi turns on his heel, pushing the door to the club open, and walks outside, letting the door slam behind him. He turns his back on me, and he runs. Literally.

Antoni puts a hand on my shoulder, saying, "Ember, what did I say? Don't worry about him? He's only pretending to be-"

But this time, I push him away, as hard as I can, and scream right in his face, the tears starting to pour from my eyes, "Get the f*** away from me, you devil!"

His eyes are surprised, and he backs away, closely.

I scream again, "Go faster, you son of a b****! Get the hell away from me! Right f***ing now!"

And he does. He turns on his heel away from me, much like Gavi just did. And both of them have perfectly good reasons to do so.

I don't know why I f***ing did that.

I break down in tears. I have to go after Gavi, and I stand up to do so, but suddenly, arms are around me, and I'm comforted to realise it is Pedri. He says softly in my ear, "It's best to leave him be right now. I'm sure he's boiling with anger. Let me drive you home. You need some rest, anyway. Sorting all this out can wait 'til you sober up a bit and Gavi calms down a little bit. It is best we leave him alone to sort it through."

I cry into Pedri, and I let him bring me home, even though I don't want to go there. I want to- need to- go and find Gavi, but I also know that Pedri is right.

On the way home, I'm shattered in disbelief and complete and utter guilt and regret.

Why did I freaking kiss him?

Everything is torn up within me at the awful, drunk, out-of-my-mind choice I made.

I simply didn't understand.