Chapter 11

𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒂𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒔- 𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕, 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍, 𝒗𝒂𝒍𝒖𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒕𝒚𝒍𝒆.

𝐌𝐄, 𝐆𝐀𝐕𝐈, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐃𝐑𝐈 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐓, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐔𝐒 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐘 𝐂𝐀𝐑, 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄.

"You guys are still in training clothes," I suddenly realize. "Won't people realize it's you two?"

"Yeah," Gavi shrugs. "They know us here. Not many people know about how often we go here, and there are regulars, who honestly don't even know who we are, or have gotten over the initial shock and surprise. That's why we like it here, me and Pedri."

I nod as we enter the building. It has a casual feel to it, but the smell of great food and the sound of pleasant conversations are lingering in the air. 

"Ember, Gavi," Pedri says with a smile. "You two go sit down. Find us a seat. Gavi, I know what you want. What are you thinking, Ember?"

I shrug with a smile. "Surprise me."

Pedri grins back with a nod, and me and Gavi start walking around. I'm pretty aimless, just trying to follow Gavi. This definitely isn't a small restaurant, and you really realise that after you've entered. From the outside, it looks a lot smaller, for whatever reason.

Finally Gavi says, "Goodness, Ember, won't you just choose a place to sit already?"

"Uh, what? I thought you were going to choose!"

"Of course not. You've never been here before. So obviously it's your choice as to where we sit."

"Oh," I grin teasingly. "I didn't know how that's how that works. Thanks for letting me know."

He grins back, getting my lighthearted teasingly-ness, before finally saying, "You're very welcome."

I roll my eyes, finding a random four seat booth, sitting down by the window.

"Since Pedri is ordering, let's give him the whole side to himself, shall we?" Gavi smiles softly, slipping into the side next to me. The seats in this booth are extremely comfortable, with soft leather on the bottom and the back, that seems easy to sink into and just relax in. 

We sit quietly for about a minute, before I suddenly jump as Gavi gently puts his smooth hand on mine. I look over quickly, and I see he's touching my bracelet. I smile, looking away, feeling kind of embarrassed.

"You wear this all the time, don't you?" he says, which just makes me all the more embarrassed.

"Yes... I suppose. It's beautiful... It really is, Gavi. It reminds me of you, too. I like that."

"Where did you tell your friends you got it, if you wear it all the time? It's hard not to notice someone wearing such a nice, expensive bracelet."

"Oh," I chuckle a bit. "I lied, saying that my man gave it to me. Said we go on dates Thursday mornings, and that's why I'm always gone. That's all. They asked about 'my man', but I said he wants to keep our relationship quiet, and that maybe, someday, you could meet him, but probably not anytime soon."

He smiles, seeming to think that was clever of me. "Did you say that on the spot when questioned, without thinking about it before hand?"

"Yeah."

He looks even more impressed, before saying, "So why did you decide boyfriend, and not just your friend, like I am?"

"Oh, you know-"

"Boyfriend?" Pedri asks, appearing and sitting down with our tray of food. "Are you guys dating or something? I've been wondering that this whole time..."

I go bright pink, glancing to Gavi. I don't know if it's just the lighting, but there might be a little bit of red sprinkled on his cheeks, too. "Nah, Pedri. Just friends. That's all we are. I don't think either of us are at the spot, and likely never will be. She was talking about lying to her friends about where she always is on Thursday mornings."

Pedri nods, leaning in, interested, as Gavi also looks to me, curious for me to finish.

Having the dark eyes of two handsome boys fixed on me is a wonderful feeling. If you've never felt it before, I sincerely hope for you you do someday. It is the best way to increase the speed of your heart rate. I clear my throat. "Just that it wouldn't make sense for someone to want to hide a friendship. Unless you're famous, of course, but they don't expect I'm hanging out with Barcelona player, Pablo Gavira, do they, now? But a lot of people want to keep romantic relationships private more often. So I figured it's make more sense for me to just say that, you guys know what I'm talking about?"

"Yeah," Gavi says, eyes shining. "And I'm impressed. Most people would have told by now. But you? You're loyal. I respect that, so thank you. I'd hate to have to stop hanging out with you, because media heard something wrong and told the world about it. So thanks for being so clever."

"That is a clever thing to do," Pedri nods, giving Gavi's food to him. "I got you lasagna, Ember. This place makes it the best, Ember, so I hope you will enjoy it. It was a little hard to surprise you, when I only first met you today."

I smile, taking the lasagna from him, and dig in, saying after the first large bite, with wide eyes, "Goodness, Pedri, you're right. This is, like, heavenly lasagna!"

Pedri grins widely, and shares some look with Gavi that I don't exactly understand, before saying, "Brilliant, Ember. I'm glad I chose well."

We continue our meal, and it's wonderful. We talk with each other as though we're three old friends who have known each other for years. I fit in with these two so well, and they seem to adore me just as much, if not more, than I adore them. They are two beautiful, athletic, rich, respectful, kind, generous, reliable, and overall just sensible and sincere boys. The best kind.

I think it would be hard for me to find any huge flaws with them. Sure, Gavi might be a little cocky, and Pedri might interrupt a little too often, but I don't mind that. The good outweighs the bad, so, so much. I think out of all the guys I could run into in Barcelona, Spain, this is the best couple of them.

After I have tried to convince them to let me pay, but Pedri ended up paying instead, I give them both two kisses on the cheek before I left, feeling amazing.

Great friends. I want to be great, close, friends with Pedri and Gavi.