Louis sick- for Anchor_Red

It was a nice day, the sun was out and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I wish I could say that the birds were happily chirping but from our penthouse hotel room smack bang in the middle of the city the only thing I could hear was traffic, and a lot of it. It was deafening.

Out on the balcony, I could sit and watch everything rush by. There were already a few hundred fans lingering at the base of the building despite the fact that we weren't leaving for another couple of hours. 

A pair of hands suddenly latched onto my shoulders and I dropped my cup of tea in shock, turning around with a glare as it smashed into a million pieces on impact with the ground. Some of the liquid splashed on my shirt.

Niall bit his lip and struggled to stifle his laughter after seeing how I'd reacted, but he couldn't hold it back for long a hysterical snort made it passed his defenses. I stepped forward, nostrils flaring, and he dashed back into the apartment.

I exhaled and looked down at the mess surrounding me before going back inside.

"Get back out there and clean it up, Niall!" 

"Nope!" 

Niall ran past, trying to pull a shirt over his head. Apparently he was well rested.

"Do it or I'll cancel breakfast."

My hand lingered over the phone as Niall stopped in his tracks, his shirt still not on properly. I smirked, knowing full well that he was going to give in.

"Fine," he huffed, grabbing a dust pan from under the sink and going out onto the balcony. I smiled as Harry came into view, dressed and ready for the eleven o'clock interview. It was only just past nine now so we had a bit of time.

He sat down on one of the bar-stools with a hopeful look, "is breakfast here yet? I'm starving."

"No, not y-"

There was a knock on the door and an elderly man wheeled in a shit load of food, waved, smiled,  and then left.

"Oh, it smells bloody awesome."

 Harry leaped out of his seat and raided the lot of it, grabbing his share and sitting down on the couch to eat. Niall was only a few seconds behind.

"Is Lou up yet?" I asked, peering around for our missing band member.

"I'm up," came a rough voice from behind me. 

 I spun on my heel to see Louis standing in the doorway, his hood up over his head.
 I smiled at him as he uttered a cough into his elbow crease, "good, breakfasts here."

He nodded and came further into the room.

I helped myself to a few slices of toast, some fruit and some yogurt and started eating. Hot food in the morning wasn't my thing but I couldn't help but laugh as Niall shoved strip after strip of bacon into his mouth.

"This is sooooo good!" 

Harry laughed and I glanced at Louis who had been uncharacteristically quiet for the past few minutes. He was picking at his food, his head resting on his hand.

"You alright, Tommo? Normally we can't shut you up."

 I chuckled to ease some of the tension.

"Yeah, I'm just not feeling that great." 

He placed a square of watermelon in his mouth and bit down slowly. 

I frowned, "are you just tired do you think?"

I hoped so. It was always hard when any of us got sick because we were always so busy. We always had deadlines, appointments, and meetings that couldn't be postponed so whenever we came down with something we generally just had to suffer through it. Plus, management never seemed to understand, we could being dying of malaria or something stupid and they still wouldn't take no for an answer, we would still have to participate in everything scheduled for that day.