Harry stomach bug 6k- for Smollora

"Okay Babe, that's enough. Spit it out."

Harry frowned in confusion and opened his mouth, gesturing questioningly at the mound of bread he'd been listlessly chewing at for the past couple of minutes.

Louis grimaced but he couldn't help but chuckle as he shook his head, "no Haz, that's not what I meant."

Harry blushed and swallowed his mouthful. He wasn't hungry at all, cheese toasties had never seemed less appealing to him. In fact, there wasn't much that was ever less appealing. Harry was generally just a hungry guy usually. Tonight though his toasted sandwich tasted like cardboard and it was taking a conscious effort to swallow.

"What is it then?" He wiped his greasy fingertips on the table cloth carelessly. He'd already spilled his drink a few minutes earlier. He was planning on swapping the cloth out later anyway.

Louis rolled his eyes with a gentle smirk to let Harry know that the action wasn't meant to be taken in a offensive way. "You're acting weird. As in, weirder than usual. I wanna know what's going on, so spill!"

Harry had been inexplicably quiet all afternoon and Louis wasn't quite sure how he was supposed to react. They both had left work that morning for a week long break. Louis was hoping to start it off with  bang, literally, but as soon as Louis had unlocked the apartment Harry had ambled inside and flopped onto the couch. Louis had joined in but  Harry was yawning away and rubbing at his eyes with his fists like a toddler needing a nap and it was clear to him they wouldn't be doing anything but snuggling and sleeping.

That was nice too, Louis definitely wasn't complaining.

However it wasn't just a half an hour nap. Louis was fidgeting as his body itched to get up after a couple of hours but Harry was still sound asleep with his lanky arms tightly woven around Louis. There was no way Louis was going to wake him so he forced his twitching muscles to relax and fell back asleep with thoughts and ideas about how they were going to spend the rest of their holiday together.

Later on when he woke he was just laying their in Harry's arms when the other man's chest shuddering as he sighed tiredly. Louis picked his head up to peer at him, smiling softly. Harry had smiled back before turning the TV on.

According to Louis' phone it was already six at this point. Usually Harry was behind the stove frying up some new recipe he'd found in one of his books, singing and dancing around the kitchen while Louis pretended to help. He just liked being in Harry's company.

Today Harry wasn't interested at all in the kitchen. He just continued watching the TV with a glossy look on his face. Louis knew he was tired and decided that tonight he'd take the pressure off him. It would have to be something simple as he wasn't too keen on the possibility of burning the apartment down.

Anyway, he'd ended up with toasted sandwiches. He managed to get Harry up and out of the couch for the first time since they'd gotten back to the studio but Louis couldn't shake the feeling off his shoulders. Harry was definitely acting weird.

"I'm sorry Lou" whispered Harry as his gaze dropped to his lap sadly.

"Why are you apologising Hazza? I don't mean anything like that Babe. I just wanna know if there's something bothering you or something." Louis's eyebrows drew together in worry. He reached across the table to take Harry's hand.

"There's nothing, and I'm just sorry for disappointing you. I know how excited you were for this break and then I just ruined it."

Louis' lips twitched around in shock. Did Harry really think that? Louis didn't know what to think. Harry usually wasn't this sensitive.