Harry- For brokengnome*extended

"Come on, love!" Louis laughed as he smoothly skated away, effortlessly gliding around the small frozen rink as if he had learned to skate before learning to walk. He had been coming to this rink since he was a child and he considered himself a pretty amazing ice skater.

Harry on the other hand was stumbling around like a baby deer standing on four banana peels. It nearly gave Louis a heart attack at the beginning but he decided if Harry needed to learn to skate properly he'd need to let him learn on his own.

"Lou!" Harry gasped once Louis left his side, flailing pathetically before regaining his balance. Harry was definitely not the best at skating and he didn't even want to go to the rink today but he did it because he knew just how much Louis enjoyed it.

"Go a little faster, you're alright. Louis said encouragingly as he skated back towards Harry who was still going incredibly slow and wobbling all over the place. Louis knew Harry was afraid of trying because he didn't want to fall.

Harry always had this extreme fear of falling on the ice and it made no sense to Louis but he didn't judge his husband for it, falling down on rock solid ice was definitely not fun.

Harry grabbed on to Louis' arm and steadied himself before taking a deep breath, seeming a little upset. Louis knew he was about to give up if he didn't convince him otherwise soon.

"I can't do it, Lou," he said, sighing in defeat. Louis frowned at his husband's words. He didn't want him to feel discouraged and he knew for a fact he wasn't leaving the rink until Harry had skated successfully.

"Harry, It took me months to learn how to skate. You're doing fine," Louis said sympathetically, causing Harry to shoot him a look of confusion in response.

"We've been coming to this rink together for two years though. I should be a pro by now," Harry said sadly and Louis held back a laugh, not realizing the flaw in his encouraging words. He quickly attempted to rephrase what he said and fix everything.

"I know, but we've only been here around five times in the past two years, yeah?" Louis asked and waited for Harry to nod in response.

"So for your fifth time on the ice you're doing incredible!" Louis said with a smile before grabbing Harry's arm and gently guiding him forward, getting tired of standing still for too long. Plus, Harry was never going to learn if all they did was talk instead of skate.

Louis sped up slightly before examining Harry and making sure he was okay. Louis planned to let him go on his own for a moment and although it was a little risky he decided to do it anyways. Once he got to the perfect speed he figured he should inform Harry.

"I'm going to let you go on your own now, okay?" Louis asked, still carefully examining Harry's every move to make sure he wasn't going to fall.

"No! Please don't, Lou!" Harry shouted, sounding genuinely terrified which made Louis instantly regret letting him go. Louis began skating to the other side of the rink so he could pose as the finish line for Harry.

"Just come to me. You got this!" Louis said enthusiastically as he watched Harry attempt to skate closer towards him. They weren't that far apart but the distance was enough to make it difficult for Harry to get all the way over.

Louis continued to cheer and encourage Harry to come closer but in a matter of seconds all Louis' enthusiasm was replaced with panic as Harry stumbled on the ice, nearly regaining his balance before his skates slipped out from under him and he fell flat on his back with a heart-stopping thud.

"Oh my god." Louis whispered under his breath as he rushed over to Harry. The injured boy instantly rolled onto his stomach and covered his eyes with his hands, presumably to hide the tears.