Louis sick- for rapid34

Harry's POV:

"Ah, right. I'm really sorry you had to deal with Louis, he gets quite clingy when he's ill . . . yeah, I'll be right over Karen, thanks for calling."

Mum put the phone down with a sigh, running her eyes over the mountains of papers in front of her. It was a busy week at work and she was having to bring it home with her for the most part. I could tell she was getting sick of it. I'd offered to help but when I'd tried I hadn't been any good at all, I didn't understand any of it and if anything I just made the process even slower.

I could help with my little brother though. He'd gone over to his friend Liam's house after school today and from what I heard Mum say on the phone he was sick and needed picking up. I could drive on my own now, with passengers too.

"I can go get him if you'd like Mum," I offered just as she went to get up.

"That would be amazing Haz, thank you so much." She exhaled in relief, relaxing back into her seat and scratching the top of her head, "of course Lou would go and get sick now."

 I shrugged my jacket on, knowing how cold it was getting outside now, "I'm sure he's okay." 

It was barely four thirty but the breeze was already coming in through the open windows.

Mum grinned and chucked me the keys, "don't-"

"Crash, yeah Mum I'll try not to," I laughed.

I drove to Liam's place, shouting along with the radio. Best part about driving, having control over the volume and also over the air conditioner.

I made my way up the few steps to the porch and then knocked awkwardly on the door. I didn't exactly know Louis' friends parents, and now I was just turning up at their house. It felt a little off.

After a few second there was a quiet jingling of keys and I grinned, seeing little Liam through the glass struggling to unlock the door. Finally he got it and the door swung open, revealing the kid standing in the doorway with a proud look on his face.

 He smiled widely, showing off the gap in his bottom teeth, "hello, Harry."

"Hey Liam, I heard that Lou isn't feeling very well. My Mum sent me to come get him," I explained, tucking my hands into my pockets.

 Liam confidently reached out and grabbed my hand then lead me straight into the house. I felt like an intruder. 

"It's sad that he has to go home early."

"You guys can have another play-date another time, Louis is much more fun when he isn't sick,"  I told the younger boy, looking over the pictures on the walls as he dragged me through the house.

Finally we pulled to a stop and he tugged me into the living room, surprisingly strong for a six year old.

Liam's Mum was sitting on the couch and she turned when Liam called out to her. She followed her son's grip on my hand up to my face and smiled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Harry, nice to see you," she greeted.

"Harry!" A small figure leaped up off the couch and bounded over to me, crashing heavily into my legs and wrapping his arms around me.

"Hey Lou." I rubbed his back, looking up at Karen, "so, what's the story?"

"I think it's just a cold, but he might have a fever and he said that he felt really bad so I had to call your Mum," she explained with an apologetic shrug of her shoulders.

I smiled and started to gently push Louis back in the direction I'd came in, "thanks for looking after him, I'll get him out of of your hair".

"Bye Lou!" Liam called out after us.