Liam sick- for larrybeiberdreams

Liam's eyes looked as if they'd sunken in over night. Red and teary around the edges with a tired layer of glaze over the tops of them. Beneath his eyes, his cheeks were flushed pink.
He shifted his weight between his feet as we stared each other down. I narrowed my eyes and sighed. "I don't know Li, I still think you should stay home. You look sick."

Liam squinted right back at me, "I don't get sick Dad. I feel fine. I didn't sleep great, I'll survive. I'm not sick."
"So you say, but everyone-"
"Not me Dad, immune system made of titanium remember?" Liam knocked his fist to his chest and took a piece of toast from the pile. He didn't butter it like usual, instead opting to just take a bite from the side.

I sat down and observed him for another moment. It was true. He never got sick. The last time. . . I can't even remember. The kid's got some kind of superpower.

"Harry! Come here!" I yelled loud enough for my husband to hear me from upstairs in our bedroom. It was my morning so he was sleeping in.
"Louis. . ." Came the expected complaint, but nevertheless he appeared in the kitchen in his pajamas and slippers only a couple of minutes later. He yawned and leaned his head on my shoulder sleepily, "what?"

"Does Liam look sick to you?"
Harry shook his head, not even opening his eyes, "Liam doesn't get sick. . ."
"Useless," I huffed fondly.
Harry shrugged, "I'm going back to bed."

I sighed heavily as Niall toddled into the room dragging a blue blanket on the floor behind him, "how about you Nialler, you reckon Liam looks a bit under the weather?"
Niall giggled and jumped up to sit on my lap.
"This is stupid, we were leaving?" Liam rolled his eyes, grabbing his bag off the bench. I raised my brows at the suspicious crack in his voice.
"Puberty," he shrugged, heading out to the car.

I patted Niall's little pull up to get him to hop down, "go hop in the car then Bud, time to take Lili to school."

Liam's POV:

I don't get sick. Not ever. Not even winter colds, hay fever, that flu that goes around every year. Not me. One year I had a Spanish class on my own because everyone else caught the measles.

So walking into school I decided I was nervous to get my test results back in math and I'd slept with my mouth open, resulting in my throat becoming so dry I could hardly swallow.

I tugged my uniform coat closer to my body and carried on up the steps toward my science class. Puffing out a cloud of cold air I slid my hands backwards into the sleeves and curled them up to conserve the heat. It was definitely the middle of winter. My toes felt as if they'd frozen into one massive toe.

My stomach cramped again as I passed through the doors into the building. I held my breath as it passed and calmed back down into the twisting mess it had settled into throughout the night. The math test I did a week ago wasn't even important, I  had no idea why I was getting so wound up over it.

The bell rang right as I stepped into the classroom. My usual group of friends was missing a face, the one I was closest too.
"Where's Aiden?" I asked as I sat down on the end of the row.
"Got strep," Sam replied with a nod, "reckons it's the worst thing ever."

I nodded too, pulling a brief sympathetic face.
Sam rolled his eyes, "don't pretend you understand Mr Invincible, when was the last time you had strep?"
"Never," I responded, sheepishly returning Sam's smile. He clapped my back in a friendly manner, it wasn't even hard but all the muscles tensed and ached.
"I never get sick," I mumbled, dragging a hand through my cold hair as the teacher began the lesson.
"You're a freak of nature Liam," Sam laughed quietly, tipping his head down, "we're all dead jealous."