Hangover

"Lou, you said you'd only have two. . ." Lia murmured as Liam off-loaded her very tipsy boyfriend off into her arms.

"I never said anything like that!" Louis garbled in a nonsensical way, flinging his arms about limply.

"Sorry Lia, we kinda lost track of him and when we found him again he was way out of it," Harry explained apologetically, rubbing the back of his neck. He felt bad for taking his friend home so obviously wasted, Amelia was probably gonna have a tough time trying to deal with him that night. 

Louis had only disappeared for an hour or so, but apparently he'd drowned enough alcohol to make him trip on every second step and stumble over his words as if he'd just woken up.

Harry was really surprised that his friend hadn't passed out yet.

 Lia rolled her eyes and flicked Louis in the ear playfully, "It's not you lots fault, this guy here's just stupid sometimes, aren't you?"

 He shrieked as if it was the most painful thing in the world and then crossed his arms and glared down at her like a five year old.

"Why did you do that?" He slurred, swaying backwards slightly.

Lia rolled her eyes again and set a hand on his back in case he toppled right over like he looked like he was going to, "because you're an idiot, my love."

"Am not!" he retorted surprisingly sharply, "you're an idiot!"

 Niall shook his head in disbelief, turning on his heel to leave, "Oh god, good luck with that."

 He didn't think he'd ever seen Louis so drunk. Niall himself was a bit woozy as well, after a couple of rounds of shots, but at least he could stay on his feet.

At least, he thought he could.

After saying goodbye to Lia and Louis the three of them started down the path to the car in the driveway. Niall found that all of a sudden the grass was getting closer and the next thing he knew his face was pressed up against it.

A weight landed on his back and he let out a loud oomph as the air rushed out of him.

"Get off!" he yelled, trying to wriggle his way out from underneath whoever thought it would be funny to stand on top of him.

Liam giggled childishly and bounced a little bit on the blond's back, the alcohol in his system making him amazingly carefree. He knew he'd maybe gone a little bit overboard tonight, he was usually the sober driver but tonight he'd started with one, telling himself that he'd still be okay to drive, and then got sucked into a few more. 

Now he wasn't so confident on the driving thing.

"Oi, what are you hooligans still doing on my lawn?!" Lia called out and Harry turned around to see her head poking out the door. Liam and Niall just kept on with what they were doing, not even noticing that they were being spoken to.

 Harry shrugged, watching his friends in amusement, "don't ask me." 

Niall had managed to pull Liam down onto the grass next to him now and Liam was tickling his middle wildly, causing squeaks and shrieks to pour from the squirming Irishman.

"Why don't you all just stay here for the night? By the looks if it the three of you are going to kill yourselves and several other civilians if I let you go," Lia laughed, gesturing for them to come over with her hand. Louis was in bed already, and she'd tucked in the sheets and duvet so tight that he couldn't get out and mess around with everything. 

She didn't want to let Liam, Niall and Harry drive off in their car, and then smash straight into a tree because they were all drunk. There was a spare room inside anyway, and a couple of couches.