Harry sick- for Stylesbae2002

My mouth hung open as I watched the specks of white paint drip from my shirt onto the plastic covering the floor. I looked up to see Harry watching me with cheeky grin, eyes sparkling in delight. He waving his brush teasingly.

"Harry!" I exclaimed with a laugh, lunging in his direction with my own brush. I narrowly missed as he nimbly darted out of the way, cackling loudly. He dragged his brush across the grey wall as he ran by, drawing a long wavering line that reached all the way down the hall way.

"I'm going to get you!" I dipped my paintbrush deep into the can and chased after him, splattering spots of paint over the walls on my way.

Soon I had him trapped in the corner. There weren't a lot of places to run in a hallway. Neither of us could dredge the goody grins from our faces as I sauntered closer, holding the brush out threateningly. Harry held his arms out, "No! Niall!" he giggled, "I like this shirt!"

I snorted and leered close enough to touch him, "you like hot chocolate stains do you? That shirt is at least a hundred years old."

Harry closed his eyes, "it's chocolate sauce actually."

"Well how about I paint it white for you? Cover it up nice and quick?" Harry shrieked as I lashed out, leaving a thick streak of paint across his cheek and another down the length of his face. His eyes flew back open and I squeaked at the playfulness sparking in them, he was coming after me. Laughing and hyper I took off in the other direction, Harry right on my heels.

Ten minutes later we both covered head to toe in thick paint and sprawled out on the floor, just cracking up.

I'm not embarrassed to say that it took the two of the entire day to paint the walls of the hallwayWe didn't do the best job of it either but we'd had fun and opened up the space like we'd wanted to. It was a lot brighter now and finally it looked big enough to slap some colour on the walls.

Harry seemed a bit sleepy by the time we finished up so we closed the paint cans but didn't bother cleaning much else up. We made up a couple of homemade pizzas to eat in front of the TV and I couldn't help but chuckle at Harry as he sat on the couch chewing languidly at a slice of pizza without even biting it. He looked super tired, it hadn't been the most eventful day but being on his feet for all of it must've been enough to tire him out properly.

Lazily his gaze slid over to me, "huh?"

I laughed again and shook my head, "nothing babe, you just look exhausted."
Harry sighed and put his pizza down with a nod, "I am, and the paint fumes are starting to give me a headache. Can we maybe sleep in the guest room tonight?"
The guest room wasn't connected to the hallway like the other room, instead it was just off the lounge. It was supposed to be the master bedroom really but one of the other rooms had a balcony so we'd set up in there, despite it being a little smaller.

"Course we can H, how about we head off for bed now? You're gonna drop off right here if we don't go soon," I suggested with a smile. He was right about the paint fumes, I'd gotten to used to the smell ages ago but I could tell by the itchiness of my eyes that it was still kind of strong. Really we should've found somewhere else to sleep the night probably, but it was too late now. The guest room would be fine for one night.

Harry stretched his arms up above his head and yawned, squeezing his eyes shut, "okey dokey, you'll grab the pizza then? Are you offering to clean?"
He opened a single eye hopefully.
I rolled my eyes but I found that I couldn't possibly deny him, I could tell that he really was dead on his feet and cleaning up wouldn't take much longer than five minutes anyway. "Okay, you head off to bed then, I'll meet you there."
Harry cheered and pressed a slow kiss to my lips, "thanks Babe."
"This is a one off," I warned playfully. Harry smiled sweetly, dimples flashing for a brief moments before they disappeared in another yawn. He used my shoulders to lever himself onto his feet and then trotted off towards the guest room.