Sick two point oh

"Li you haven't eaten all day, don't think I haven't noticed. What's up?" 

Niall leaned across the small table on his elbows with an expectant look on his face. He'd been watching Liam throughout the day, the third meet and greet they'd had in the past three days and the conference they'd attended and he hadn't had a bite to eat at all.

He wasn't acting like himself at all. Withdrawn, zoned out, just odd.

Meanwhile, Liam didn't even notice that Niall was talking to him. He was tired, he had a stomach ache, and he was day dreaming.

"Li?"

Liam jumped at the sound of his name.
"Hm? Yeah sorry, what?"

"I said, I haven't seen you eat all day," Niall repeated, watching carefully. He knew when Liam was lying, his eyes would go awkwardly still and his head always cocked to the right slightly.

Liam had thought he'd hid it quite well, considering. He'd been up since four in the morning when he'd woken up with a twist in his gut and one hand awkwardly squished between the mattress and the wall. He'd retrieved his hand and rolled over to try and go back to sleep but he couldn't so he'd got up and sat in front of the small TV out in the main part of the bus.

They hadn't used a bus for ages, years really, but as a group they'd decided that it'd be fun, like old times.
So they were on the bus.

As the day passed Liam's stomach started to turn and clench more painfully and he found that he wasn't able to handle the thought of swallowing down lunch and then he'd skipped out on the dinner he was supposed to eat an hour ago as well. He'd tried acting as if nothing was wrong, in case it just went away as if nothing had ever happened.

It hadn't, but he was still holding onto the hope.

 Liam shrugged, feeling his friends calculative gaze on him, "I guess I just haven't gotten hungry."

Niall saw the slight tilt in his head, and even managed to catch the slight pause in his eyes. Liam was lying to him, or at least not telling him everything. The question was whether or not he should call him out on it or not.

Louis rolled his eyes and smirked as he sashayed past towards the small fridge, "filthy liar." 

Niall looked at Liam. Louis had made the decision for him.

Liam sighed with a drawn out blink, "how do you do that?"

"You suck at lying Li, you have the same tells every time," Louis said as he poured himself a cup of lemonade. Plastic, because they'd already managed to break half a set of glasses and didn't want to risk the other half. He didn't feel the need to pull glass out of someone else's hand with tweezers.

"Do not," Liam protested, yawning into his hand.

"Your eyes goes all still and freaky, and your head-"

"Tilts to the right," I finished with a knowing smirk.

"Exactly." Louis sipped his drink as he leaned his hip against the bench, "so what are you lying about?"

"He's trying to tell me that he hasn't been hungry all day, and that's why he hasn't eaten," Niall explained.

"You haven't eaten? Aren't you starved?" Louis questioned, shocked. He couldn't believe he hadn't noticed. 

"Got a bellyache," Liam replied reluctantly, hiding his face behind his hands.

"Well, that makes sense. You should've said something, rather than letting us drag you around all day," said Niall.
 Liam shrugged, scratching at his chin, "it wasn't that bad earlier, I was okay."