Harry's kid sick- for larrybeiberdreams

Jackson's breakfast looked like slop. Grainy, brown, slop with a thin layer of milk on the surface. He'd fallen asleep with his head resting on the wooden table-top for just five minutes but by the time his Dad woke him back up his Weet-Bix had reduced to soggy slush.

"I hope you weren't up all night on that Xbox." His Dad raised a single brow and pushed Jackson's bowl closer to him.

Yawning widely, Jackson shook his head and closed his eyes, "I was asleep by eight."

"Eight?"

The heel of Jackson's hands squished his cheeks up when he rested his head in them, "I have the worst headache Dad. . . and my stomach hurts." He scrunched up his face and dropped a spoonful of Weet-Bix back into the bowl. Usually he could eat almost three breakfasts, given the time, but today he wasn't even hungry.

Harry frowned and sat down on the chair beside Jackson. It didn't seem like his son was going to be going anywhere near his breakfast any time soon so he shifted the bowl to the other side of the table where it wasn't creating a barrier between them.

"What do you want to do today then?"

Jackson looked at him in confusion, "huh?" He squinted.

"I can stay home with you if you're really not feeling good. But I'll have to take a day off work and you'll miss out on your tutoring at lunch, as well as all the class time you need up your sleeves," his dad explained, arms resting on the table-top. "You haven't thrown up or anything right?"

Jackson shook his head and groaned, he really had to stop doing that. Every movement made it hurt even more.

"We'll see what your temperature is Jack, if it's normal I think its worth you trying to go in."

Jackson almost fell asleep again in the short time his dad disappeared in the kitchen. His eyes were sore. He'd slept like a rock all through the night but he felt like he hadn't gotten a blink.

"Here Jacko, arm up."

The metal was freezing; it only took two seconds for goosebumps to spring to the surface of Jackson's arms and legs. He rubbed his thighs with his hands and waited impatiently for the beep, wanting the damn thing out of his armpit.

"You're normal Bud. What do you think?"

Jackson opened his eyes and rubbed his forehead. His dad was right, he couldn't really afford to be missing classes and he was due to meet Melissa in the library for tutoring that day. He was falling behind, he needed all the help he could get.

He groaned reluctantly, "bring me some pain killers, I'll go."

"Okay Jack, I'll cook ya piece of toast too. You're gonna need something in your tummy." Harry gave Jackson's shoulder a light touch.

Jackson stared at the plastic bowl at the end of the table listlessly while he waited for him to get back. Being sick wasn't great, but at least his body had chosen a day when the house was quiet. Mara had a teachers only day at school so their mum had taken her to her friends for a play date.

Once he'd taken the paracetamol his dad sat there and watched him eat the single piece of toast, not letting him leave until it was done. Then he went off and forced his achy body into his uniform and yanked his shoes on as he tiredly brushed his teeth. His stomach growled and cramped the entire time, making his posture awful as he slumped over the white porcelain sink.

"Are you ready?" Harry asked, peering into the bathroom with his coat over his shoulder. He hoped he was making the right decision here. Jackson didn't actually look too bad. He looked tired and maybe a tad pale but all in all okay. He'd be okay at school for the day, Harry had faith.