Louis sick- directioner09131993

I put my drink down on the table in front of me with a sigh. I wasn't really in the mood anymore. "I think it's time I head off."

"It's barely- oh wow it is getting late."

Niall showed his phone screen. It read 1:48 AM.

"I'm not even drunk yet," Harry complained, throwing his arms up in the air. The haziness in his eyes gave him away. He was swaying all over the place, I was surprised he hadn't fallen off his seat yet.

Liam laughed as he too put down his unfinished drink, "you were wasted after your second, Harry."

"Was not!" Harry cried.

We were at Liam's place having a few drinks after a long day of recording, and when I say a long day I mean breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I was exhausted.

 I was still sipping at my first drink because I had a day off the next day and I didn't want to spend it hungover. Plus, there was a dull ache in the back of my skull that I didn't want to anger.

"Alright then you lot, out of my house." Liam grinned and pointed his finger at Harry, "Harry, you can stay, take the couch."

"I'm not drunk!" Harry protested. Then started flicking his tongue around, his eyes crossing as he tried to watch it.

"Yep, on the couch," Liam ordered with an amused smile.

"Do we have any plans for tomorrow?"Niall asked as he shrugged his jacket back on.
"Depends on how this idiot's doing I guess, I'll text you both in the morning," Liam replied, casting me a sideways grin as he began loading our glasses into the dishwasher.

 I nodded and then started for the door, "sounds good."
"See ya!" Harry called as I stepped out into the cool night air.

"Bye Hazza."

 I chuckled as Niall slipped out behind me. He closed the door behind him.

 I waved as I ducked into my car, "Catch ya later" I heard a quick response from Niall before I shut the door and started the engine, flicking on the lights and the heating

By the time I got home my head was starting to hurt more and I got out of the car slowly, not wanting to make it any worse. Goosebumps rose to the top of my skin as I briskly made my way into my flat, shutting the cold air out as quickly as I could. 

I switched on the main lights and threw my jacket onto the couch, trying to swallow the bitter taste of alcohol that lingered at the back of my throat. I sighed and touched hand to my forehead, realising just how tired I was. 

The house was quiet and I almost fell asleep on my feet while popping a few pain killers. My body felt sluggish and weak and I couldn't blame it on the drinks because I'd only had one. Either I just really needed a good ten hours sleep or I was getting ill.

I hadn't been proper sick, apart from minor hay fever, in years so I wasn't all that surprised that something had finally come to bite me in the arse. I just hoped it wasn't anything more than a basic cold. 

I shuffled into my bedroom and kicked out of my jeans. It was cold, I'd forgotten to turn the heaters on before I'd left that morning, so I put on a pair of sweatpants before getting into bed and tucking the duvet around every inch of my body. I tossed about until I found a comfortable position and then curled up in a tight ball with my arms hugging opposite shoulders and my knees tucked into my chest.

 I closed my eyes and swallowed again, realising that I'd forgotten to brush my teeth.
I didn't feel like getting up again though so I just forgot about it and curled in tighter, trying to ignore the steadily increasing pain in my head.