Niall- for beautjeeexx

"Damn it. . ." Niall cursed as the pain in his stomach flared up yet again. He shut his eyes and dug his fingers into his side until it dulled back down again. Maybe lunch wasn't the best idea. He was in the middle of a photo shoot and he really didn't want to ruin these fancy clothes if he brought back up what he was about to eat.

He sighed and glanced down at his untouched sandwich. He wasn't really hungry anyway.

"Yo Nialler, you gonna eat that?" Liam chirped from his perch on the back of his seat.
Niall shook his head, "nah, knock yourself out."

"Thank you." Liam grinned gratefully as he leaned over and took the plate off of Niall's lap. "Oh shi- Niall, you're a lifesaver! I almost had a heart attack then!" Liam exclaimed when Niall's hands stopped him from tilting straight onto the floor. He'd leaned too far and almost fell right off his chair.

Niall rolled his eyes with an amused smile and sat back, trying to get comfortable. When he'd been out in front of the cameras all he'd wanted to do was sit down but for some reason he couldn't relax. His shoulders were stiff and his back kind of hurt.

"Alright boys, are you just about ready to get back into it?"

The photographer waved his camera around, "there's not much more we have to do, half an hour max and then you're free to go."

"Really? That went quickly." Harry raised his brows in surprise. Niall sighed, it definitely hadn't gone quickly for him. It seemed like hours since he'd last checked the time but the numbers on his phone screen were only nine minutes different from last time. He was exhausted and just wanted to sleep. Last night hadn't been that great, his stomach ache had worsened for a couple of hours and wouldn't let him drift off. He was thankful it died down enough to let him fall asleep but the hours he hadn't slept he really needed to, he was so tired he was surprised he hadn't fallen asleep on his feet.

He'd let Liam and Harry drag him to the gym with them a few days ago and pulled just about every muscle in his body. Everything else had dissipated but this soreness of his side just wouldn't fade.

Niall stood up and grunted at the sudden cramp he experienced. His face screwed up for a split second.

"You alright Ni?" Louis took his arm and straightened him up.
Niall nodded and gave a laugh, "I reckon I've pulled a muscle, remind me to never go with Liam and Haz to the gym again."
Louis frowned and looked to Niall's hand, holding on tightly to his side, "that was almost a week ago Ni. Maybe you need a break, we can see if we can just head back to the hotel now if you want?"

Harry scoffed, "Lou, he pulled a muscle. I think he'll survive another half hour."

Niall nodded in agreement, "he's right Lou, I'll be fine."

As much as he wanted to take a nap he didn't want to sabotage the photo shoot after all the work we'd done that morning. It really was just sore muscles, it would be a bit dramatic to halt everything over. Management would give him so much shit too.

Louis sighed, nodded, and casually threw his arm over Niall's shoulder, "okay mate, take it easy though. You look kind of pale."

"I'm tired," Niall explained as they started for the main studio, Liam and Harry goofing about just ahead of them.

Throughout the rest of the photo shoot Niall was careful to make sure not to give Louis or any of the other lads anything to question him about. He kept his smile in place and tried to ignore any jolts of random pain that shot up his side. It wasn't that bad, unless it gave him a fright. They had a concert that night, as well as a live interview the next morning. If Louis was ready to pull him out of a photo shoot then he'd probably be okay with postponing other things too and Niall wasn't keen on people finding out that he'd skipped out on things over a tight muscle. He wasn't that pathetic.