Harry's kid sick at school- for sarcasstic*Extended

"Alright everyone, go get changed, we're running today!"

Cue entire class groaning. I took PE to stay fit, I had expected a bit of running to be involved but last week we were told that we had to run a friggin half marathon. Now every second lesson consisted of nothing but pure, nonstop running and it was properly beginning to feel like torture.

And today I was really detesting the idea because I was absolutely exhausted and was definitely not in the mood. I'd been up late for the last few nights studying for the science test that I had done that morning and now that it was finally done and out of the way I just wanted to sit back and relax, not run countless times around the block. I also had a bit of a stomachache, I realised as I changed into my usual running gear, probably from the shit breakfast I'd had that morning. It wasn't really shit, it was great, but I didn't think I was used to hot food like that so early in the morning and it wasn't sitting right. Dad had known that I was stressing about the test so he'd gotten up early to make a full on breakfast. It was the whole works, bacon, toast, eggs, sausages.

I wished I hadn't eaten so much.

I walked with Georgia, one of my best friends, out to the starting point. We talked on the way, but it mainly consisted of me complaining and her reassuring me that I'd be fine and that it'd be over in an hour anyway.

The teacher caught us all just standing there and angrily blew his whistle, kicking us all into gear. The whistle gave me such a fright I would've fallen on my face if one of the other boys hadn't pushed me back up as he ran past.

Georgia was long gone by the time I caught myself. When we found out we had to do a half marathon I knew right away that I was going to be a bit of a loner during the training because Georgia could run insanely well. She was always in front of the pack, steady footfalls and rhythmic breathing while the rest of us just kind of blobbed along until we were told we could stop. I'd tried keeping up with her but her pace was too quick and I'm pretty sure I almost killed myself. I'm really not that bad, I'm usually in the frontish group, but Georgia's on a whole different level.

So I ran pretty much by myself.

By the end of the first lap I was already feeling pretty fucked which was unusual. Normally I could at least last three before feeling like my legs were going to give out. Today though I was falling way behind from my usual group and the longer I ran for the worse I began to feel.

First it was just the normal blood pounding in the ears, although it happened a lot earlier than it would usually. That I could deal with. I was used to it. But then I started feeling kind of light-headed and airy, right before my stomach seized up and I had to stop in case I was about to be sick.

Nothing happened and as my breathing started to slow I began feeling better. I was only half way around anyway, I had to get back to the start before I could tell the teacher how I was feeling, so I decided that I might as well just run because it would be quicker.

It was only a minute or so when I started feeling sick again. I was seriously regretting breakfast, and the hot sun beaming its stupid suffocating rays on me wasn't helping either.

I stopped again and leaned over my knees. I wasn't doing any more running, that was for sure.

"Hey Jackson, you're almost there! This is the last one!" I heard Georgia's cheery voice just behind me. And for fucks sake, she didn't even sound breathless.

I shot her a forced smile as she ran by.

Only a few steps ahead she paused and turned around, tightening her pony tail.

"Are you okay? You don't usually stop like this." She frowned as she walked back over to me.

"I overdid breakfast. . ." I groaned as I straightened back up with a grimace. My stomach still wasn't very happy at all and my legs felt like jelly. Not to mention how hot it was, my face probably represented a ripe tomato.