Harry- for storiesoftheseven

"Can we go get some food before we do this? I mean, I'm really hungr-"

 Louis span around at me with a pointed stare, "Harry." 

I lowered my head and unknotted my hands. They were slick with nervous sweat and I hurriedly wiped them dry on my jeans.

"I'm just hungry Lou," I said quietly.

"You should be Harry, because you didn't eat breakfast. But I get the feeling that you're just trying to avoid getting these shots," Liam said, leaning over and nudging my shoulder. 

The blood rushed to my face and my hands went back to being tangled up in my lap. I didn't usually get embarrassed in front of the band anymore, it's been way too many years and I've seen too much of the crazy stuff they've done to get embarrassed over little things. 

But they'd all gotten these shots last week. I'd pulled an easy sickie to get out of it then, but today was the postponement date. The shots weren't something I could just worm my way out of, I needed them to get into the next country on the tour list.

I'd always hated jabs. Not needles, all good, I can handle needles, but when they're going that deep into you. . .ugh, it made me shudder just thinking about it. 

Apparently these ones hurt too. None of the boys had said anything, but I'm pretty sure that was because they knew how reluctant I was about getting it done. Niall was not very good at lying, and he was rubbing at his swollen arm for a couple of days afterwards.

"Oh really, I didn't notice," Louis said sarcastically, referring to Liam's comment about me trying to avoid the shots.

"I know you don't like this kind of thing Haz, nobody does, but I promise that they're really not that bad," Liam said. 

 I wasn't at all convinced. I knew that he was just trying to calm me down. It wasn't going to work.

Niall grinned at me sweetly, "you'll be alright, Harry."

"Oh god, I feel sick. . ." I moaned, flipping my head back against the headrest.

"You tried that last week mate, sorry."

 Liam patted my leg. I shifted away from his touch, feeling a bit betrayed. Surely we could pay a doctor off to sign and say that I'd had the shot? I would happily take some foreign disease over these injections.

I really was feeling sick to my stomach though. I was just so damn nervous and anxious, sweating through every pore on my body and my hands were shaking so hard. The twisting in my stomach wouldn't let me forget that the clinic was only a few minutes away, that the shots were happening in quarter of an hour or less.

Sure enough, we pulled into the clinic not much later and my heart sped up, threatening to burst from my chest.

"I'm really not feeling well, I think I should go ba-"

"Shut up. Come on Harry, you've got this man. Relax," Louis ordered sternly as he got out of the car. I hesitantly undid my belt with trembling hands and got out of the car with a deep breath. It didn't help that the clinic looked abut as welcoming as a morgue as we stood outside the front doors.

 Niall smiled, pushing me forward with a hand on my back, "you probably won't even feel it." 

There were a few people in the waiting room, and shocker, they were waiting. I sat stiffly in between Niall and Liam while I waited, tapping my shoe on the ground rapidly and trying to calm my stomach down.

It felt like I waited a lifetime before I was finally called in. My arse might as well have been glued to the seat, and it was a fight against myself to stand up. Louis had me covered, with a yank I was upright and walking in a zombie like way into the doctor's office.