Open When... You can't sleep

Dear Boyfriend,

Hai silly. I'm sorry you can't sleep! You always stay up way too late. Try to text me and see if I'm still awake because if I am, I guarantee that I can help you feel better and sleep more soundly. But if you've opened this letter I'm guessing you've already tried getting in contact with me. I'll tell you a few things I do when I can't sleep, and other things that have been proven effectual:

-The main thing I do is play scenarios and made up stories in my head. Usually they are about you or us, something that I really wish would happen or I think about what we will do that weekend. I've done this since I was little and it really helps me put a calming visual in my mind and lulls me to sleep. It's very comforting for me and I hope it is for you too.

-Try listening to soft music and cuddling your pillow or a stuffed animal like Beary and hopefully you'll be sound asleep soon. I know the teddy bear you gave me always helps me get a good night's sleep and makes me feel safe.

-Reading a book would clear a bit of nighttime stress.

-Try to get rid of your phone because the bright electronic light of the screen usually bothers us and affects the way we sleep.

-Think of sleepy thoughts and feelings; create a quiet environment around you. If there's a lot of background noise, you could put on the ear buds that I gave you and play some soft music, or not play music at all, just put them in your ears to tune out the noises in your house. Turn off the extra lights that bother you, make sure your room is dark. If your room is either too hot or too cold, go tinker with the temperature and change it so that you feel comfortable.

-If you've been just lying in bed and it seems completely impossible to fall asleep, then you could possibly get up and take a nice slow walk around your house. Maybe this can get you fully tired and unwind you and finally let you sleep.

-Make some hot tea or something to sooth you. That's another one of my tricks. I usually drink some before going to bed everyday.

-Sometimes for me, a hot shower really helps. But the water has to be absolutely hot, and since the light in the bathroom bothers my eyes, I turn them off but place a rather bright candle so that I can see what I'm doing.

I really wish this letter helps you sleep soundly. Try these things and see if they will help you with the insomnia. Now that you've read through this letter and taken in my words, I want you to look in the bag and find the gift that is labeled with the number 5. Open and enjoy the sweet little message. Goodnight sweetie.

*mini pillow w/ words on it or mini poem