Open When... You get a bad grade

Dear Boyfriend,

Aw baby. What happened? Was it a difficult test that brought you down? Or a homework that was just too long to complete? Or classwork that was just too confusing? Or a project with a partner who wasn't willing to work together? Whatever it was, I'm sorry. You may be very upset now, but don't worry, you can get it back. That's what stuff like extra credit and bonus questions are there for. Don't get stressed over this one grade, I notice you tend to do that. Getting fussed over this only leads to not being willing to do other work. I know when your stressed you usually give up or bs your work. I'm not gonna encourage this, so try your best to keep yourself from reaching your boiling point ok? As for the grade, it could always be boosted by other grades. I've looked at your grades; you guys seem to get more assignments than I do. The more assignments the better because you have much more chances to make up for that one horrible grade. I'm gonna quickly sprinkle some angel dust on you to give you some luck, magic, and stunning abilities. Hehe, pretend that I'm currently present with you and I have a small pink bag containing sparkling and majestic angel dust. Your angel then takes 5 handfuls of the pretty pink dust and sprinkles it over you as she walks around you in a circle. The 5 handfuls are for the 5 wonderful months we've spent together. You look into the angel's beautiful and dazzling eyes that symbolize love and joy. You whisper thank you to her while not taking your eyes off of hers, and she smiles and kisses your lips. Her lips are baby soft against yours, and this makes you smile. You love the feeling of her lips on yours. It's one of the best feelings you've ever felt. The angel may not be able to grant all your wishes, but she tells you that those 5 handfuls of angel dust could improve 5 things in your life. She tells you to think about those 5 things carefully. You put great consideration into this and then tell her what you want. When she goes back to the heavens, she does everything in her power to make your wishes come true. Anything she can do, any solution she can think of to a problem, any way she could make you happy, any way she could see you more often, she puts so much effort into your happiness. It's all worth it. For you and the angel and are deeply in love, and have a bond so strong that it can't be broken. It can be compared to a chemical bond. Chemical bonds are only broken because of chemical reactions, but even after these reactions, the bonds are fixed again, stronger than before. Just like us. Because of the angel's dust that was made of her love and passion, you have increased motivation to do better in school, and you feel confident in every class. I know you're thinking that this is not true, but you just need to change your mindset and everything will fall into place. I've told you at multiples of our tutoring sessions, if you think about how your going to fail something, then chances are you will. I'm not just saying this to fill up the letter or to fill your head with a bunch of garbage, or any other ridiculous reason like that. I'm telling you, a positive mindset has a huge impact on your success in a class. You think I was always a math genius? I didn't speak English until I started school. Even after that I had speech classes for foreign students and I couldn't quite understand everything the other kids said. This made it difficult for me to make friends or absorb what the teacher was saying. I hated English so much because it felt too difficult. With its silent letters and tough spellings, I had a very negative attitude toward it. It wasn't until I came to elementary school that the teachers actually cared and attempted to educate the students the correct way. I got so much help and support, that it changed my whole perspective on English, and even school. I had a more positive outlook of school and that's when everything got easier and I started understanding. And I'm not doing badly for a girl whose parents didn't go to college. So my point for this is, please consider changing your view on math or any other class you have issues with. I know it seems stupid and useless, but change the way you think about it. You should see a tremendous effect on your grades. I didn't mean for the letter to be this long, I'm sorry if I bored you. Let's summarize my 4 main tips for you to improve that bad grade that's hurting your success. First of all, you should try to make it up with other assignments. If you have 1 F in your grade book, then your next grades are 5 As, this is a perfect example to try and cancel out that F. Aced assignments will make it seem like the bad grade never existed. Second, put the class in a positive perspective. If you walk into a class everyday and think to yourself about how many hours you've wasted learning useless garbage that will never help you in life, then this class is bond to be one of your weak areas. If all you think of are the bad sides to a class or teacher, you will end up hating it, and in turn not caring for it and the required work. So maybe start with a smile, and listing the actual benefits of the class, and finding a section that you actually enjoy. Third, don't become consumed by this bad grade. Don't make it a black hole in your life. It is devastating when things like this happen and I know you lose hope, but I'm here to tell you that it's ok. I know you are smart and bright and you can make it up. I believe in you hun. Don't let this grade bring you down. And the final step is to keep on trying. You always tell me how hard you try and how all your hard work is never counted for and the teachers don't appreciate or see it. I can't give you the best advice in the world, but I would just tell you to carry on with what you are doing. If you give 100% effort and struggle, then you should be able to receive it back. If you only have problems with a certain class or teacher, I would recommend you discuss that with your guidance counselor. I know you like talking with me through these issues, but I can't change the way things work at your school. I can't cause any impact on your school whatsoever. Consider mentioning your issues to the guidance counselor, she will definitely assist you better than I can. Thank you for reading this letter. I hoped it benefited you in some way. Keep working hard. I love you so so much and I honestly don't know what would I do without you. Your like a drug and I'm addicted to you! You brighten my world in every aspect. Though this gift has nothing to do with grades, open it anyway. Locate gift #8.

*glow sticks (You provide light to my life. Glow sticks do that too. You brighten my universe. Glow sticks do that too. You love me as much as humanly possible and dedicate your entire life to making me happy. Glow sticks can't do that, but they can flash your room with a soft glow right now to remind you of how I would have brightened your day if I were able to see you.