Open When... You have a bad dream

Dear Boyfriend,

I know the bad dream or the nightmare must have been terrifying for you. I can imagine you awake in the middle of the night, afraid, alone, sweating, and nervous. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I know this letter can't make it disappear. As much as I want to physically comfort you and tell you that I will protect you by holding your hand, I cannot. Hopefully this letter can serve in my place. Maybe it can provide you with the same comfort my physical appearance would have. I want you to know that I have nightmares too. It's a part of being human. Just know that as long as you are reading this letter, you are awake. Nothing can haunt you now. You are out of harm's way. You are here, with me. Just pretend baby that we are together for a moment. Pretend that I would hold you, and tell you that everything will be okay. I would whisper to you that the rest of the night will be peaceful, and you will be relaxing in a deep sleep. You don't have to worry about a single thing. Know that I care about you deeply, and I would never let anyone hurt you. Let me shield you from the horrors of the world. I will not let them creep up to you and disturb my angel's sleep. I want you to take this letter with you into bed. Let me bless you with a good night's sleep. Get back in under the covers and lay your head on the softest pillow. Make sure you are warm and snuggly. You know I would want you to be. Baby, even if I cannot be right by your side, as long as you lay this letter next to you, we can imagine it. I love you more than you can ever imagine, and if you ever have another nightmare, feel free to reuse me. I promised you that I would be there for you whenever you needed me, and I have no intentions of breaking that promise. I want to be there for you, through every bad dream, through every distress, through every misfortune. I want to be your light in the darkness and your fortune when you feel out of luck. Have a good night my love, I hope to see you soon. Remember that I love you.