Chapter 1

Aaliyah Marie Johnson

AALIYAH POV.

What's up, I'm Aaliyah and people call me Liyah for short. I'm mixed. My mom is white and my dad is black but I never met my dad. He left the picture before I was even born, as of what my mom told me.

I'm 22 years old and I been living on my own since I was 16. But I have basically been on my own since I was 10. Yes, 10. I've done everything from stealing to using guys to get by and put food in my mouth and clothes on my back. My mama messed with the wrong dude and rather be on drugs and up under him than to take care of me like she needs to, but it's whatever I'm still an independent woman and in my bag the only way I know how, which is hustlin'. I strip for a living and yea I bring the money in but a girl can never have enough. One day, I met this guy and he showed me another way to get paid, an easy way. I hesitated at first but eventually, I agreed. But eventually, I began to regret it once things got too intense.

So, Imma tell you my little story, starting with the day everything changed.

——-
*****This story will be in third person*****

Aaliyah woke up at around 12 p.m., she had worked that night and didn't go to sleep until about 6 a.m. Once she woke up, she got up and went to the bathroom to start her morning routine.

Aaliyah lived alone in her studio apartment in ATL, Georgia. The neighborhood was okay. It wasn't high class but it wasn't low class either. It was in the middle. She enjoyed living by herself, she got to do what she wanted, when she wanted, and be as loud as she wanted.

After Aaliyah got dressed she met her best friend, Keyanna, for lunch.

PICTURE OF KEYANNA OLIVIA SMITH

Keyanna and Aaliyah were complete opposites but they knew each other since they were kids, because they grew up in the same hood

"Girl, I like that color on you", Aaliyah said.

"Thank you boo", Keyanna said.

"I hear this place is good so let's hope it lives up to its rumors", she said.