Chapter 46

Aaliyah was in the hospital getting operated on while her dad, step mom, and sibling were in the waiting room.

"I just.. I just don't understand what happened. She walked out and next thing I know I hear shots. I come outside and nobody out there. Just her laying on the ground struggling to stay alive", her said as the police was taking a report.

"We will do our best to catch whoever did this", the officer said.

"Please. Because my daughter doesn't deserve to be fighting for her life right now. I just met her.. I don't wanna loose her in the same year and they just live their life and get away with it", her dad said.

"Yes sir. We will do our best to get the people who did it. It will be hard due to the lack of information", the officer said.

Her dad sighed. "Whatever man", he said as if walked back to his wife.

As they sat and waited Dre came in and walked to them. "Hey, I came as soon as you texted me", Dre said to Jay. "What happened?"

Aaliyah's dad stood up. "Something you probably got her into", he said he got into Dre's face. "That's why I didn't and don't want her dating you. She's a target now"

"We agreed that we wouldn't tell anybody we dated because of that. This had nothing to do with me", Dre said.

"I find that hard to believe", her dad said.

"Dad, this isn't his fault", Jay said.

"Shut up JaQuan", his dad said before he looked back at Dre. "Your eyes are red? What you been doing? Gettin high? While my daughter needed help? After she miscarried? What kind of boyfriend is that?"

"I'm not high", Dre said.

"Eyes tell me other wise", her dad said.

Jay watched Dre as they argued. He knew Dre wasnt high.. it looked more like anger, like he was crying or something. The same look he had when his mom died.

"Listen, I care about Aaliyah just as much as you do and I was not the cause", Dre said.

"Yea because I am", Carmen said as she had her sunglasses on.

Everybody looked at her.

Her dad, step mom and there two daughters were confused.

Carmen tilted them down to show her eyes for a moment then put them back on.

"Aaliyah?", Kiara asked.

"No... I'm um.. I'm Carmen. Her twin", she said.

They looked confused.

"I have some explaining to do...I know", she said as she sat down.

Carmen explained everything to them. About being Aaliyah's twin and her background.

"I owe them money and I thought that maybe coming down here... they wouldn't be able to find me.. but instead they found Aaliyah", Carmen said as she crying. "I'm sorry. I am so sorry"

"Who are they?", Dre asked.

"Dre these are some powerful people", Carmen said.

Dre stood up quickly to calm himself down. "I don't care", he said.

"Yo, Dre let me talk to you for a minute", Jay said as he walked away.

Dre followed him.

"So.. those two times when you came to my house that was you? And you didn't even tell me?", her dad asked.

"I was scared okay? I was... I don't know. I'm sorry for lying", Carmen said.

Her dad nods as he looks down.

Carmen looks down too.

—————————————————

Jay and Dre went outside to talk.

"What?", Dre asked.

"You should calm down", Jay said.

"I am calm", Dre said.

"Stop trying to act hard. You are not okay", Jay said.

"...I don't know what it is about your sister but... I can't loose her man", Dre said.

"I get that and you won't", Jay said. "She's strong"

"...Aaliyah isn't okay", Dre said. "She's depressed. How can a depressed person have the strength to fight if they just want the hurt to end"

Jay was quiet.

"I'm not sayin she going to die but...if she does I don't know what I'd do", Dre said.

"Bruh, listen everything is going to alright", Jay said. "Just stay calm"

Dre nods.

They both walk back into the waiting room and they see the doctor talking to everybody.

"She did survive but unfortunately she's in a coma", the doctor said. "When she fell to the ground. She hit her head too hard"

"Coma?", Helen asked. "Well is she going to be alright?"

"She should be fine but I will make no promises", the doctor said.

Dre looks down.

"You should be able to see her in the morning. She'll be in room 228 in the East wing", the doctor said.

"Thank you", her dad said.

The doctor nods. "You all have a great night", he said before he walked away.

Dre looks at carman with anger. "I need to talk to you", he whispers.

"Dad, I'll see you tomorrow okay?", she said.

"Alright", her dad replied.

Carmen and Dre walked outside

"Who are they!?", Dre shouted.

"Instead of worrying about them. You need to worry about Aaliyah", Carmen argued.

"You don't tell me what to do", he said.

"...listen. I'm handling it", Carmen said. "DONT worry about it. Get some sleep, go see Aaliyah tomorrow and I will handle this"

"..48 hours", he said. "48... if you can't do it then I will and you better give me all the right information"

Carmen gets scared. "Okay.. fine", she said. "Bet"

"They better hope she stays alive so they can have a quick death...because if not, they'll have a slow and painful one", he said as he started to walk away.

Carmen watches Dre as he gets into his car and speeds off.

TO BE CONTINUED...