Chapter 39

Later that evening, Aaliyah finally got Herbo's address. She pulled up to his house and parked her car on the curb and sat there. She honestly didn't know what she was going to do. She just wanted to get something done and Herbo was the only person she suspected.

She finally got out the car and began to walk to toward his house. Suddenly she heard a car pull up and stop.

"Aaliyah?", Dre said.

Aaliyah didn't turn around. She just stopped.

"Jay told me what you were tryna do", Dre said.

"I'm doing what needs to be done", Aaliyah said as she turned to Dre.

"I don't care you don't go handling shit like this by yourself. Herbo ain't somebody you play with", Dre said.

"Really? Because you shot him and he didn't seem to shoot back", Aaliyah mentioned.

"And we talked about it", Dre said. "We on okay terms"

"So how did Ace know where I lived? Huh?", Aaliyah said. "Somebody that you knew had to tell him because the person I knew is now dead and her newly wed husband hasn't left the house since"

"Aaliyah-"

Aaliyah cuts him off. "Do you know I went over to check on him and he blamed me? Why? Because I should be to blame. This is ALL my fault", she said. "....her family will say the same at the funeral"

Dre was quiet.

"And you sir need to worry about the only thing you care about. Your money. Leave me alone", she said as she started to walk again.

"You wanna know who killed my mom?", he asked.

Aaliyah stopped and turned around.

"...keem.. he's dead now and guess what? That still didn't bring her back", Dre said.

Aaliyah took a few steps toward Dre. "You told me you wanted him dead because you wanted more money", she said.

"I lied", Dre said.

Aaliyah didn't say anything.

"What I'm trying to say is.. I get the fact that your hurt and you want who ever killed Keyanna to hurt ... but that's not going to bring her back.. that's not going to resolve the feeling of lost that you have"

Aaliyah shook her head as she teared up. "...you don't know what will resolve the way I'm feeling", she said. "We are two different people and you don't know anything about me"

"Because you don't tell me anything", Dre said.

"How can I went you're always out handling business", Aaliyah said.

Dre sighed and rolled his eyes.

"I'm just going to talk to Herbo", Aaliyah said.

"No you're not", Dre said.

"We are not together so you don't have a say in anything I do", Aaliyah said with frustration.

"...fine.. do what you gotta do", Dre said as he drove off.

Aaliyah stood there for a moment and wiped her tears, then walked to Herbo's door and knocked on it.

Herbo opened the door and looked shocked to see her standing there. "What?", he asked.

"Um I just came to say sorry about the whole kissing you thing", she said.

Herbo shrugs his shoulders. "Iight", he said.

"Why you always gotta he like that?", Aaliyah asked with a smile. "What have a ever done to you?"

Herbo leans on the door frame. "Dre know you here?", he asked.

"Me and Dre aren't in a relationship. He doesn't need to know my every move", she said.

"...what happened?", he asked.

"I broke up with him because he shot you", Aaliyah said softly.

"Mmm", he said.

"What? I actually do like you unlike you not liking me", she said with a chuckle.

Herbo folded his arms and looked her up down. "You must want something", he said.

"What?", she asked.

"I've heard you sweet time keem too many times to know how you work", he said.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes. "If I wanted something, it's something I wouldn't need from you", she said.

"What happened to the nicest?", he asked.

"Can only be nice to somebody that's being mean for so long", she said.

Herbo chuckles a little. "Well anyways... what ever you want. You can't get", he said.

"I didn't want anything but okay. I have to go meet my friend. You've met her right?", Aaliyah asked.

"No", he said.

Aaliyah nods. "She was really pretty. Bright girl. She had so much shit she wanted to do in life", she said.

"Wait. Excuse me, she was pretty?", Herbo asked.

"Somebody shot her last night", Aaliyah said tying not to cry. "I'm planning her funeral with her mom"

Herbo nods. "Sorry for your lost", he said.

"Thank you", Aaliyah said as she studied him.

He showed no emotion of guilt. Maybe she was wrong. Maybe he didn't kill her.

"Don't wanna be late", Aaliyah said. "Bye"

Herbo watched her walk from the porch. "Wait?", he said.

Aaliyah turned and looked at him. "Maybe me and you can get a bit to eat or something. On me"

Aaliyah thought about her answer. She thought that maybe he was asking he was asking her out to eat because he felt bad. Maybe she could find out if he did it or not. Her only worry was Dre.

"....I'll think about it", Aaliyah said.

Herbo nods.

"See you later", she said.

"See ya", he said.

Aaliyah got into her car and drove off. Herbo went into the house after she pulled off.

TO BE CONTINUED....