Chapter 50

The next day, Carmen came to Dre's house to apologize to Aaliyah since her memory was back.

Carmen sits on one of the chairs and Aaliyah sits on the couch.

"I just wanna say that I am so sorry about what happened. I put you in danger and I should've said something but I didn't expect them to come down here", Carmen said. "Somebody snitched and told where I was. Now I have to find out who"

"Carmen isn't okay. It's not the first time I got shot at but it was the first time I actually got shot", Aaliyah said.

Carmen looked down.

"You and Dre handled it so they won't be after you so that's all that matters", Aaliyah said.

Dre begins walking downstairs.

Carmen looks at Aaliyah without seeing Dre. "I have to tell you something", she said

"Hey Carmen", he said interrupting her.

Carmen looked back. "Oh hey", she replied.

"Hey Aaliyah", Aaliyah says sarcastically.

Dre walks to Aaliyah and leans forward to kiss her. "I just spoke to you like two minutes ago", he said,

"I know. I'm just playing", Aaliyah said with a smile.

Dre stares at her for a minute with a smirk and stands up straight and walks into the kitchen.

"Now what were you saying, Carmen?", Aaliyah asked.

"Umm...never mind. It was nothing", Carmen said.

Aaliyah makes a face. "...okay", she said.

Carmen smiles a little. "What are you doing today?", Carmen asked.

"Was going to look for another job or maybe just go back to club. Haven't made my mine up yet", Aaliyah said.

Dre peaks his head into the living room and makes a face. "Club?", he asked.

"Um yea. I only have quit because of that thing I had going on with you remember?", she said.

"Yea but...me and you are kinda together", he said.

"Okay?", Aaliyah replied.

"Okay so you don't need to be shaking yo ass in somebody face", he said. "You good by just letting me take care of you"

"I don't need you to take care of me, nor do I want you to. I'm not depending on guy anymore", Aaliyah said.

"But unlike those other guys, I actually care about you", Dre said.

"Okay, but that doesn't mean you won't hurt me or leave me one day and then I'm left with nothing", she said.

Dre rolled his eyes. "I don't care if you work or not but you're not stripping", he said. "That's dead"

Aaliyah looks at Carmen. "What do you think Carmen?", Aaliyah asked.

"Um I think that this is between you and him", Carmen said.

Aaliyah looks back at Dre. "Fine, I won't strip", she said.

"I know you aren't", Dre said.

"Listen, if I'm going to date you, you are not going to be controlling my every move or decision. If I make it, I make it. If you don't like? Leave", Aaliyah said.

Dre clenches his jaw as he looked at her.

"I don't care if you're mad", Aaliyah said. "I'm not a child"