Chapter 6

The next afternoon Keyanna called Aaliyah.

"Keyanna we don't have anything to talk about honestly", Aaliyah said. "I'm not mad at you but I'm upset that you'd even let her in your house"

"I understand Aaliyah and like I said I'm sorry. But I feel like you should talk to her, hear her out that's it", Keyanna said.

"I don't wanna hear a thing that lady has to say", Aaliyah said.

"Maybe if you talk to her things could change", Keyanna said.

"Like what?", Aaliyah asked.

"Like you stripping", Keyanna said.

Aaliyah was silent for a moment.

"You know I don't judge you for it but you are worth better than that", she said. "You know I don't like you doing that honestly"

"Because you're embarrassed", Aaliyah said.

"I'm not embarrassed", Keyanna said.

"You know maybe if you were in my shoes, and had to live my life, you'd understand why I do and did the things I do and did", Aaliyah said.

"That's the thing. You blame your parents for not being there for you for the stuff that you have done up to this point. People go through shit Aaliyah but you don't let that define you", Keyanna said.

"Keyanna, please. You got it made. You brought a house, you're about to get married, and girl I will say this one thing I am proud of you but just because I don't do the same things you do, just because I shake my ass for some dollars don't mean I don't have worth for myself. Back then when I was a teenager, I'll be honest I didn't have no worth for myself but now I do", she said.

"Liyah I know you have worth for yourself and you can buy a house too", Keyanna said.

"And share it with who?", Aaliyah asked.

"Whatever special guy you choose to have", Keyanna said. "And whatever kids y'all decide to make"

"Keyanna me and you both know I'll be alone forever. I'm too damaged for anybody to love and for me to love anybody else", Aaliyah said.

"You can't let that one nigga back in high school label every guy like that", Keyanna said.

"Well, it's true. Every guy wants me for sex, they don't give a fuck how I feel? So if they wanna use me, I might as well use them too with no strings attached", Aaliyah said.

Keyanna sighed. "...growing up, you were always so full with life", she said.

"I still am", Aaliyah replied.

"No.. I mean like you had dreams. You had shit you wanted to get done, stuff you wanted to be in life", Keyanna said.

"Well... things changed and that little girl left when my mother did", Aaliyah said.

Keyanna was quiet.

Suddenly Aaliyah got a text from Dre.

MESSAGE:
Dre: You coming??

Aaliyah put the phone back to her ear.

"I have to go", Aaliyah said.

"Come on Liyah, don't be mad at me", Keyanna said.

"I'm not. You just want the best for me and you always have", Aaliyah said. "I just have something I gotta go do"

"you've been having a lot of stuff to do lately", she said. "What you been up to?"

"..I can't say", she said.

"Liyah what are you doing now?", Keyanna said.

"Something that's going to make me good money", Aaliyah said.