Chapter 61

That evening, Aaliyah was making herself some dinner when she heard a knock at the door. Aaliyah turned the stove down and walked to the front door and looked out the peak hole and it was Jay and Carmen. Aaliyah opened the door and moved out the way so they can walk in. She saw the looks on their face and they didn't seem happy.

"Hey.. how did y'all get here so quickly", Aaliyah asked.

"We were already on the way when I called", Carmen said.

"What's going on?", she asked.

Carmen looked at Jay.

"Um...", Jay said as he looked down and touched his neck.

Aaliyah began to get nervous. "What happened?", Aaliyah asked.

Jay rubbed his hand down face to hold by his tears.

Aaliyah saw that Jay wanted to cry but tried to act tough about whatever the situation was. She looked at Carmen and Carmen had tears falling from her eyes.

"Dad and Kiara got shot", Jay said.

"What! Are they okay?", Aaliyah asked.

"No", Carmen said softly.

Aaliyah looked at the both of them.

"Died at the scene", Jay added.

Aaliyah shook her head. "No. No", Aaliyah said as she walked past them. "This isn't anything to play about", Aaliyah said as she began to cry.

"Why would I play about something like that?", Jay asked

"Who? Who did it?", Aaliyah asked.

"...those guys know about you. They know what you did to the two guys at Dre's house", Carmen said. "They asked dad where you and Dre were but he didn't know and they killed him anyway"

Aaliyah paced back and forth. "Oh my gosh. No. This is not happening again", Aaliyah said before she stopped and looked at Carmen and Jay. "This is all my fault and I'm sorry. I'm sorry"

"Aaliyah this isn't your fault", Jay said as he walked to her.

"It is my fault. My mom died because of me, my friend died because of me and now my dad and sister??", Aaliyah asked. "I didn't ... I didn't even get to get to know them like I wanted to"

"The only fault is on the person that did it. You didn't do it", Carmen said.

"I did and it's like every person I actually get close to or that means a lot to me is gone... and now Dre is out there", Aaliyah said. "I can't.. I can't let him get hurt I can't"

Aaliyah began walking down the hall.

"Where you going?", Jay asked as he called out.

Aaliyah grabbed her plane ticket and her bag and walked out the room. "I have to go back to Georgia", Aaliyah said.

"No it's best if you stay alright?", Jay said.

"My dad and sister just died and Dre is out there and I haven't heard from him all day", Aaliyah said.

"Well I have", Jay said. "He's fine"

"For how long?", Aaliyah said. "You don't know how nervous Dre was while he was he. I never seen him nervous about anything before that's how I know these guys aren't anything to play with"

"Which is why you need to stay here", Jay said.

"No... because I wanna see them get buried and I wanna let Dre know something in person and I wanna help him because this is all my fault", Aaliyah said.