Chapter 80

A month had passed and things have been going smoothly with Aaliyah and Dre for a change. She stopped dancing at the strip club and began working at a clothing store. Dre on the other had was going back to his old ways and selling weed. He told her that it was just until he got enough to start a business with, so Aaliyah went with it. They sold Dre's house and got a good bit of money from it. 250,000 to be exact. Dre could've started a business with that but he knew business come with downfalls and he wanted to make sure they had enough to get through those times if that happened and he there were the bills around the house and he had a child. He just wanted to make sure he was prepared for anything. He was used to having more money than that and living a better lifestyle. He wanted to keep it like that.

That morning, Aaliyah walked into the kitchen. And Tre was sitting at the table eating. She had on a silk rope that wasnt tied up so it just showed the bra and panties that she had on.

Dre looked at her for a moment then looked at his food and continued eating. "Tie it up", he said.

"Why?", she asked.

"Your brother here", he replied. "He went outside'

Aaliyah tied her rope up and grabbed a pot from the cabinet.

"...but while he out there. It's a question I gotta ask you", he said.

"Okay?", Aaliyah replied.

"...I have a way to make that we dont have to want for nothing. Where me and you can be set for the rest of our lives", he said. "And you can still do that thing you been talking about yesterday"

Aaliyah leaned her hip against the counter and folded her arms. "I'm listening", she said.

"only thing about it is that it involves us doing what we agreed on when we first laid eyes on each other", Dre said.

"...You want me to set somebody up again?", Aaliyah asked. "After I almost risked my life, doing that you want me to do it again?"

Dre quickly stood up. "Listen Liyah. You will be well protected, I promise you. It's just for this last time", Dre said.

Aaliyah looked away.

"...just think about it alright. If you dont wanna do it, somebody else can", Dre said.

Aaliyah looked at him. "...who does it involve", she asked.

"...Killa", he said.

"What?! Dre you must really want to kill me off huh", she asked.

"But he trusts you so he won't see it coming", Dre said.

"Dre I don't know if you noticed but it was an act of God for Kev to be related to killa, because of he wasn't, who knows what would've happened", Aaliyah said.

"...I'll get somebody else", Dre said as he walked back to the table.

Aaliyah looked at him. "...why so we can just give them half??", Aaliyah asked.

Dre looked at her.

Aaliyah sighed. "I don't think it should be done at all...listen I'm finally trying to change for once. Not judging saying that I'm going to change but actually doing it...you should be supportive of that. Not trying to put me back into my ways", she said. "...I finally feel free...I'm starting to understand what Keyanna was yelling about all the time"

"... okay", Dre said. "We won't do it"

"We have money from the house still. Use that, start a business and whatever problems come up, we'll get through it", Aaliyah said.

"Alright bae", Dre said.

"Now...why didn't you cook me breakfast?", she asked.

"You like to sleep til 12 so I never know with you", Dre said.

"I haven't slept that late in weeks", Aaliyah said.

"Oh yea", Dre said as he sat down. "That's right", he said sarcastically.

Aaliyah giggles a little and then it was silence between the two.

Aaliyah broke the silence. "Hey Dre, I've been meaning to ask you something", she said.

Suddenly, they hear the door open.

"What?", Dre asked.

"...nothing. We'll talk about it later", Aaliyah said.

Soon, Jay comes through the kitchen.

"Hey sis", Jay said.

"Hey little bro", Aaliyah replied.

"So? How did that stuff work out?", he asked.

"What stuff?", Dre asked.

"My business", Aaliyah said.

Dre sucks his teeth.

"And Jay, i think we'll find out soon", Aaliyah said. "But I'm about to go to the room real quick . Be back"

Aaliyah walked out of the kitchen.

Jay looked at Dre and sat at the table.

"So, what did she say?", Jay asked.

"She said no", Dre said.

"I told you that was dumb", Jay said. "If you're going to ask her to marry you, just make up a normal lie of where y'all going so that way she doesn't expect it"

"But us going to New York for no reason?", Dre asked.

"It can be a getaway or to see Carmen", Jay said.

"Yea but...I want this shit to be unexpected, unexpected", Dre said.

"You better hope she even says yes", Jay said with a chuckle.

Aaliyah came back into the kitchen with sweatpants and a shirt on. "Who says yes about what?", Aaliyah asked.

"My business", Dre said.

" touché", Aaliyah said as she smiled.

"So...what will be finding out soon", Dre asked.

"You'll see. But until then, we wait", Aaliyah said.

"I'm not up for surprises", Dre said.

"Who said this was something for you?", Aaliyah asked.

"Mmm", Dre  said.

"But anyways, carry on your conversation. I'm not even here", she said.

"I'm about to go anyways. I got somewhere to be", Jay said.

"Ole girl?", Dre asked.

Jay nods.

Dre chuckles and shakes his head. "My nigga fallin", Dre said.

"I'd say the same to you", Jay said. "And I mean you falllin real hard", Jay whispered.

Dre chuckles.

Aaliyah shakes her head even though she didn't hear was Jay said.

Jay daps Dre up and whispers. "Good luck", Jay said before he walked to Aaliyah and hugged her. "See you later"

"See ya", Aaliyah said.

Jay left and it was silent for a moment.

"I don't even know why you changed. Shut coming off after you done", Dre said.

Aaliyah chuckles.

Dre smiles and grabs his plate and begins washing his dish.

TO BE CONTINUED....