Chapter 83

The next morning, Aaliyah woke up and Andre was on top of Dre trying to wake him up.

"I'm up boy", Dre said.

"Eat eat", Andre said.

"Okay. I'm going to get you something to eat", Dre said.

Aaliyah looked at Dre. "...I'll cook", Aaliyah said.

"No. Don't worry about it", Dre said as he got out the bed.

Aaliyah watched him as he walked out the room holding Andre. She could tell he was still feeling some type of way by the vibe he was giving off. Aaliyah sat up and picked her phone up. She saw a text from Carmen.

MESSAGE:
Carmen: call me please sis

Aaliyah sighed then called Carmen.

"Hello?", Carmen said after she answered the phone.

"What's up?", Aaliyah asked.

"I was going to ask you the same", Carmen said. "When were you going to tell me you were pregnant!?"

"I'm sorry Carmen. We haven't talked in a minute", Aaliyah said. "I guess I forgot"

"Yea, I have been busy...but I'm happy for you. The only thing is, you don't sound happy", Carmen said.

"Story, yet long story. But to be short. Me and Dre are kinda fighting", she said.

"When aren't y'all fighting?", Carmen asked.

"True... but this time it's different. Usually the next morning, he's at least holding me.... but today is different", Aaliyah said.

"When did this happen? The argument?", Carmen asked.

"Last night and then he just left... Carmen he wanted to propose and I told him not to because...well at first I thought he was fault but I guess it's me. I'm scared of that big of an commitment. That's a long life commitment and I never committed to something so serious with anybody", Aaliyah said.

"Understood but...Dre loves and I know you love him. He'll do anything for you and anything to keep you but the more you push him away, the more he'll just think why try?", Carmen said. "You gotta realize that he didn't really have anybody either. His situation wasn't as bad as yours but...yet he still wants that commitment"

Aaliyah looked down.

"I know you'll make the right decision when the time comes", Carmen said.

"Do you even think it's healthy for two broken people to be married?", Aaliyah asked.

"I don't think neither one of you are broke anymore. Seems like to me, you guys complete each other", Carmen said.

Aaliyah smiled a little.

"But let me call you later. I need to do something", Carmen said.

"Okay. Talk to you later", Aaliyah replied.

"Talk to you later", Carmen said before she hung up.

Aaliyah stood up and walked into the bathroom. She got in the shower and washed, brushed her teeth and did other things to freshen up and then she got dressed. After getting dressed, she walked into the kitchen and saw Dre and Andre at the table.

"Where you going?", he asked.

"I'll be back", Aaliyah said.

Dre looked up her and down. She didn't have on anything revealing. She was dressed down in some grey sweat pants, a blue t shirt and some slides.