Chapter 7

A week later Aaliyah was walking to her apartment. She saw a familiar face and realized who it was and hid behind the wall and closed her eyes and mouthed, "shit"

They looked around and walked in another direction.

Aaliyah peeked out and saw that he was gone and took a sigh of relief.

She used to fool around with him a year or so ago. He wasn't too fond of her leaving. She just didn't understand how he found where he lived.

Aaliyah was shaking as she pulled out her phone from her purse as everything fell out of it. She picked everything up and put it in her purse. She proceeded to call Keyanna but hung up after the first ring. She decided to call Dre instead.

"Hello", he said.

Aaliyah cleared her throat. "Hey", she said.

"What's up", he said.

"I um lost my key to my apartment and I have to wait for management tomorrow to give me a spare. Do you mind if I crash at your place just for tonight? I'll sleep on the couch", she said.

Dre could tell by the sound of her voice that she sounded nervous.

"Okay", he said. "But I'm not at the house we usually meet at, I don't sleep there. I'm at my own house. But if you want to you can sleep at the house we meet at if you rather be alone"

"I rather not be alone", she said. "I um.. never mind"

"Never mind what?", he asked.

"I found my key", she said.

Dre was silent.

"Sorry for bothering you", she said before she hung up.

Dre looked at his phone once the call ended and made a face.

——————————————-

Aaliyah looked back down the hallway and still didn't see him. She walked to her door and unlocked it and went to it and locked the door behind her.

To her, it seemed like Dre didn't want anybody over and she didn't wanna stay this night with Keyanna because it didn't seem right with her fiancé being there. She just sucked it up and hoped he didn't come back.

Aaliyah put her things down and walked into her bathroom and ran the bath water. She had a long week at work. Decided to spend her day off relaxing.

She got her phone and turned on her throwback R&B playlist on Spotify. She put it on shuffle and the first song to come on was "Say My Name", by Destiny Child.

Aaliyah starts humming the song as she put the bath soap in the tub.

Suddenly she heard a car alarm so she got up and walked to the window and looked outside it and it was her car. Aaliyah went to the tub and turned the water off, grabbed her keys, and opened the door and the guy was standing there. Aaliyah's eyes got wide then she quickly began to shut the door but he stopped it and pushed it open.

He was much stronger than her so she fell to the ground. He walked in and Aaliyah quickly got up and ran to her room and shut and locked the door and backed up from the door.

"Aaliyah open the door", he demanded.

Aaliyah walked to the bathroom to get her phone and it fell into the tub. "Fuck", she said.

He kicked the door in and walked into the room. Aaliyah had nowhere else to go and she looked around for something to hit him with but he had jacked her up by her shirt.