Chapter 75

The next day, Dre decided to call Jay and Carmen on three way and apologize.

"Okay, so first things first. I'm sorry Carmen. That was wrong of me to say that to you. I was pissed", Dre said.

"Fuck you, Dre", Carmen said.

"See that's that shit", Dre said.

"She accepts the apology", Jay said.

"Yea. I guess whatever", Carmen said.

Dre rolled his eyes. "What's this plan y'all keep talking about?", Dre asked.

"Can't say", Jay said. "But Aaliyah knows and that's all that matters"

"Why can't I know?", Dre asked.

"Jay, you might as well tell him", Carmen said.

"Tell me what?", Dre asked.

Jay sighed. "Killa's brother , who just so happens to know Aaliyah is up there. He came up with a plan that will help us", Jay said.

"Wait I'm sorry. Killa's brother??? You put your trust in Killa's brother, with my girl?", Dre asked.

"It's not as bad as it seems. He's not going to let anything happen to Aaliyah. He doesn't even want her up there", Jay said.

"Woah, woah. Hold up... he knows her?", Dre asked.

"It's her ex", Carmen said.

"Really Jay?", Dre asked.

"Listen Dre I get it. You're insecure but if she really loves you, she's not going to go back to that dude iight? And if she does, at least you know she ain't really feeling you like that", Carmen said. "Which I think she is so I don't think you have nothing to worry about"

"Carmen, you can hang up now", Jay said.

"Rude", Carmen said. "But I have to go talk to Aaliyah anyway so-"

Dre cut her off. "Let her use your phone", he said.

"I can't. Killa or somebody else will see that", Carmen said.

"Whatever", Dre said.

"Bye guys", Carmen said.

"Bye", Dre and Jay said.

Carmen hung up.

"Dude I get it. Aaliyah is vulnerable right now and you're afraid he may do something to win her back but... I don't think that's going to happen. Trust me", Jay said.

"How would you know?", Dre asked.

"Because he blew his chance. You haven't", Jay said.

"That don't matter", Dre said.

"..I never seen you like this over a girl before. I mean glad you care about sister but... this is different to me", Jay said.

"....for a few years now... especially after my mom died... I felt alone. When we met, she just.. I don't know... I felt this connection with her and it's like she filled that emptiness that I had felt. With her, I'm not alone anymore", Dre said.

"Wow bruh...never heard you get in your feelings like that", Jay said.

"...never thought I had any for a minute...until I met her", he said. "...these past few days have been hell. But...I trust you, so I hope everything works", Dre said.

"It will", Jay said.

Dre looked down. "...well I'll hit you up later", he said.

"Iight", Jay said.