Chapter 21

The next day Aaliyah went to go see her dad because he invited her for "Family Game Night". Being around them was weird to Aaliyah because she never really had a family. At the moment everybody was playing heads up.

Jay had the phone on his forehead. He wasnt interested in playing but he did anyway. The word came up and it was "Toad".

"I'm green and I can hop", his dad said.

"Frog?", Jay asked.

"Im this before I become a frog", Helen said.

"Tadpole?", Jay asked.

"Nigga are you stupid??", Jaclyn asked.

"Pass" Helen said.

Jay passed it. The next word was "centipede".

"I have many legs", Aaliyah said.

"Caterpillar?", he asked.

"umm I come out in the spring and summer", their dad said.

Jay looked around with a blank expression. "a caterpillar", he said.

"Oh my goodness. My brother is dumb", Jaclyn said. "What else has many legs??"

"Spider", Jay said.

"A centipede!", Kiara shouted.

Jay threw the phone on the couch. "Im done", he said.

Everybody laughed.

"Aaliyah you wanna go?", Helen asked.

"okay", she said as she picked the phone up and chose a deck. She put the phone on her forehead.

"umm pass. I don't even know what that is", Jaclyn said.

Aaliyah touched her stomach as she left the phone up to pass the word.

"Oooh. Would you like sugar in your tea sir?", Jaclyn said in a British accent.

"British", Aaliyah said as she put her hand on her hip and put the phone down. "I need to go to the restroom", she said as she started walking toward the bathroom.

"You okay?", her dad asked.

Aaliyah nods. "Mhm", she said.

But she was okay. She stomach was cramping not too bad. She something going on in her pants as if she was about to start her period. She pulled her pants down and she was spotting. She pulled her pants back up and got scared. "Oh my gosh", she said to herself.

"Is everything okay?", Helen asked on the other side of the door.

Aaliyah opened the door and walked out. "I have to go", she said.

Everybody could tell she was worried.

"Aaliyah what's wrong?", her dad asked.

Aaliyah shook her head as she gathered her things quickly.

Her dad stopped her. "Liyah we aren't your enemy. You told me how is was growing up for you and I'm sorry I wish I could be there for you but I'm here now. We're here now.. you can tell us anything"

Aaliyah didn't face him. She looked just looked down. "I'm pregnant", she said.

"Pregnant?", he asked

Aaliyah nods.

"You didn't have to hide that from me" he said.

"I wasn't hiding me being pregnant from you...I just didn't know how to say it. I wasn't in a relationship with him when I got pregnant. I didn't want you to be disappointed and realize that I'm not the daughter you wanted", she said.