Chapter 22

The next day Dre was at Aaliyah's house. He had spent the night last night.

Aaliyah and Dre were making out until Dre got a phone call. Dre stopped kissing her and reached for his phone and saw who was calling. "I gotta go", he said as she sat in the edge of the bed.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes.

Dre got up from the bed and put his shirt on.

Aaliyah didn't say anything. She just walked out the room.

Dre felt the the tension. Once he got the rest of his clothes on and grabbed his keys and phone. He walked out the bed room.

Aaliyah was cracking some eggs and putting them into a frying pan.

"I'll be back", he said.

"Okay", she said not looking at him.

Dre sucked his teeth and walked to her. "What's wrong?", he asked.

Aaliyah looked at him as she leaned her hip on the counter and folded her arms. "Should something be wrong?", she asked.

"No", he said.

"So why you asking me?", she asked.

"Because you acting funny", he said.

"I'm good", she said as she stopped folding her arms and faces the stove to turn it on. "Hand me the turkey sausage"

Dre went into the fridge and got the sausage out and handed it to her.

"Thank you.. you can go now", Aaliyah said.

Dre kissed her cheek. "See you later iight", he said.

"See you", she said.

"Give me a kiss", he said.

Aaliyah looked at him and he leaned in and kissed her lips.

"I don't know what the attitude is for today but um we can talk tonight", he said.

"Where are you going?", she asked. "You usually handle busy at night, its 10am, and you didn't even answer your phone"

"Aaliyah, what are you getting to sweetheart?", he asked trying not to sound annoyed.

"Where are you going?", she asked.

"...I can't say that but what I can say is that you have nothing to worry about", he said.

"So when my stomach is big and my feet swell and when my water breaks are you just going to walk out on those times?", she asked.

Dre palmed his face and shook his head.

Aaliyah sighs and takes a breath. "I'm sorry", she said. "I guess I just have some insecurities"

Dre looks at her.

"But you also said you feel like you can tell me anything but yet you can't right now so I'm confused", she said.

"I made a promise so somebody", he said.

Aaliyah nods. "I understand....but I can't build myself nor this relationship if you're hiding something from me", she said. "Because if you're doing something you don't need to do, I can get crazy and I know you're just as crazy and that will not end well"

"Liyah I promise that it's nothing to be worried about alright?, Dre said in all seriousness.

Aaliyah nods. "Okay Dre", she said. "Whatever just go. Before you're late to whatever it is". She said as she cooked.