Chapter 54

For the rest of the day, Dre and Aaliyah barely spoke.
carmen's workers were in the trap house now so people where around. Dre was talking to some dude for a little minute, while Aaliyah was sitting down on her phone in the corner.

"Yea, man. I'm talking to this chick and she be trippin, I had to let her loose", one guy said.

"That's why I ain't with that relationship shit. Women be nagging like a muthafucka", another guy said.

Dre glances over at Aaliyah then back at them.

"Sometimes nagging is a good thing. Some girls just lookin out for you", Dre said.

"Not the one I fuck with", a guy said.

Dre chuckled.

"Shit for real. She be arguing with me fucking with some bitches. I mean I do but that ain't her problem", he said.

"What the hell, Sam?", the other guy said.

"Y'all on some crazy shit", Dre said as he chuckled and glanced over at Aaliyah again and a guy was talking to her. "Ay Imma fuck with y'all later", Dre said as he walked toward Aaliyah.

"No, I'm really not Carmen", Aaliyah said.

"Damnnn...she really do got a twin", the guy said. "You look better though"

Aaliyah chuckles.

Dre walks over.

The guy looks at him. "Hey, you Carmen boyfriend", he said.

Aaliyah rolls her eyes.

"I don't know who told you that but I ain't her boyfriend", Dre said.

"Yea ok", he said not believing Dre.

Dre rolls his eyes and looks at Aaliyah. "Bae, you alright over here?", he asked.

"I'm fine", Aaliyah said.

Dre kisses her forehead. "Let me know if you need something", Dre said.

Aaliyah nods.

Dre looks at the guy with a mean mug as he walks away.

"That's yo boyfriend?", he asked.

Aaliyah nods.

"Damn. He a lucky muthafucka, because you fine", he said.

Aaliyah tries not to blush.

The guy bites his bottom lip and smiles.

"Liyah", Dre said from a distance.

Aaliyah and the guy looked at him.

"Come here", Dre said.

"Your boyfriend awaits", the guy says.

Aaliyah chuckles. "What's your name again?", Aaliyah asked.

"Darnell", he said.

"Darnell you are a trip and you bold as hell knowing my boyfriend here", she said before walking away.

Darnell looked at her butt.

Aaliyah walked to Dre. "What?", she said.

"Stay over here", he said.

"Now you want me to stay near you since a guy came and talk to me", Aaliyah said. "I mean seriously, you've been glancing at me every 30 seconds and I guess I see why. You was making sure nobody came and talked to me"

"What's wrong with that?", he asked. "And you the one who didn't speak to me since this morning. And didn't you make out with herbo?"

Aaliyah didn't say anything.