Chapter 38

The next day Dre moved Aaliyah's stuff to his house. He didn't feel comfortable with her alone anymore. While he was out handling things, Aaliyah and Carmen were at the house.

"Somebody is going to die. I swear somebody is going to die", Aaliyah said.

Carmen just looked at her.

"We gotta find who did this Carmen", Aaliyah said.

"We? Aaliyah you're pregnant", Carmen said.

"I don't care. Somebody killed my fucking best friend. The person I could always talk to", she said.

Carmen looked down.

"The person who sticked by me through the dumb stuff I did just to be shot from it", Aaliyah said. "I never shot nobody before but soon will be the day I do"

"Aaliyah, this isn't good I'm telling you", Carmen said. "You don't wanna go and do that path. It'll change you"

"You are the last person to say this to me. What did you do to the guy that shot your cousin??", Aaliyah asked.

Carmen didn't say anything.

"What did you do!?", Aaliyah asked.

"I drugged him.. and killed him", Carmen said.

"And I'm going to do the same", Aaliyah replied.

"..Aaliyah, how do you think Dre is going to feel about you flirting with some guy and - "

"Fuck ANYTHING Dre has to say. He doesn't even give a damn. He's not even here for me right now", Aaliyah said as she cut Carmen off.

"Because I'm here", Carmen said.

"That doesn't cut it", Aaliyah said.

"...he's not here because he doesn't know what to say to you honestly", Carmen said.

Aaliyah did know Dre didn't know how to comfort people. But she still felt like he should be trying to at least.

"I don't care", Aaliyah said as she sat down.

Carmen sighed. "...how did Ace find out where you live?", Carmen asked.

"I don't know. I have no clue", Aaliyah said.

"And how did he know you knew Dre", Carmen asked.

"Dre called me?", Aaliyah said.

"Okay but his name on your phone is just Dre right?? And if so how did he know what Dre that was? A lot of people have that name", Carmen said.

"...what are you trying to say?", Aaliyah asked.

"Ace knew what he was up to before he got to your house probably because somebody you know or Dre knows told him", Carmen said.

Aaliyah began to think. "I don't know who would do that", Aaliyah said.

Carmen shrugs. "Guess we'll have to find out", Carmen said.

"Guess we will", Aaliyah said.

"But when I say call it quits.. call it quits. I don't want nothing happening to you", Carmen said.

"I know you don't know me well but I don't stop until I get the job done", Aaliyah said as she walked upstairs.

Carmen sighed.

Suddenly it's a knock at the door and Carmen walks to open it. It was Jay.

"Hey you okay, I heard what happened last night", Jay said as he walked in.