Chapter 60

Early the next morning, Aaliyah walked Dre to the front door because he was on his way to the airport.

"You sure you'll be iight?", he asked.

"Yea", Aaliyah replied.

Dre nods. "No dudes in my house", he said.

Aaliyah looked at him like 'really'.

"I'm joking", he said with a smirk.

"Mhm", Aaliyah said.

Dre licked his lips and grabbed her waist. He grabbed her butt and bite his bottom lip. "Make sure this stays all mine", he said.

Aaliyah chuckled. "Bye Dre", she said.

Dre chuckled a little. "Bye lil mama", he said.

"Bye big daddy", she replied with a smile.

Dre pouted his lips out for a kiss and Aaliyah began to kiss him. Eventually she pulled away and touched his chest. "You're going to be late Dre, bye", Aaliyah said.

"Bye", Dre said.

Aaliyah stepped back as Dre opened the door and walked out.

"Be safe.. be smart", she said.

Dre nods as he walks to the Uber.

Aaliyah shuts the door and locks it. She leans back against the door and looks around the living room. After that she sits down and turns on the TV.

—————————————————

That afternoon, Aaliyah was beginning to actually miss Dre. She was bored and had pretty much nothing to do. She decided get on her phone to look up jobs. Suddenly, she gets a call from
Carmen. She hesitates to answer it at first but decided to answer it anyway.

"Hello?", Aaliyah answered.

"Hey, long time no see", Carmen said.

"Well I wouldn't say long but it has been a minute", Aaliyah said.

"Yea..but what you been up to?", she asked. "How is it going where you are"

"Okay. Dre he um... he's gone so I'm by myself", she said with a sigh.

"Need company?", she asked.

"..I don't think so", Aaliyah. "Well... if you wanna come then I'd love for you to"

"Okay", Carmen said. "Anything else going on?"

"...well... other than having to me in the middle of Dre's house being invaded and coming here... yesterday I found a ring. A beautiful ring might I add and..well... I'm a little nervous", Aaliyah said.

"You found a ring? Where", Carmen asked.

"In the closet", Aaliyah replied. "It was in its box... what if he pro- proposes. I mean like Carmen I am not ready for that and I know for a fact he isn't and I don't wanna say no"

"...I mean like... I feel like as long as you give your honest answer that's all that matter. I mean.. it probably isn't a engagement ring", Carmen said.

"Wait a minute, is that what you brought for him?", Aaliyah asked.

"Yes but I honestly don't know what it's for", Carmen said. "But I'm glad I know your type of taste in jewelry"

"Yea...I just...It's too early to pop that kind of question. We are just getting into a stable relationship after like 7 months of knowing each other", Aaliyah said.

"Did you know that our grandmother got engaged to our granddad after only 6 months of dating? They stayed married for 40 years until he passed away", she said.

"Yea but... our grandparents isn't me nor Dre. Dre and I... we're just learning this whole relationship thing. This whole commitment thing...I marriage shouldn't be in question because well... I know he isn't ready for that", Aaliyah said.

"I don't know.. when Dre is determined of something he doesn't seem to stop. Once he makes his mind up about something, that's how it's going to be", she said.

"Can I ask a question? You and Dre seem to talk when im not around. Like y'all are such good friends. Now you acting like you know when you just met him like 3 months ago", Aaliyah said.

"Like I said I have a thing for studying people. I'm good at reading what type of person somebody is", Carmen said.

"Okay what about the talking y'all do?", Aaliyah asked.

"We never talk unless it's about business", Carmen replied.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes and sighed. "I'm about to look up jobs. I'm running low on cash so..."

"Okay Aaliyah. I just want you to know that it's nothing going on between me and Dre if that's what you're thinking. He isn't my type", Carmen said.

"Alright Carmen", Aaliyah said rushing her off the phone. "Bye"

"...bye", Carmen replied.

Aaliyah hung up and rolled her eyes and got back on her phone.

——————————————————

The next morning Aaliyah walked outside with some leggings, a sports bra, running shoes and her AirPods in her ear so she could go out for a jog. Before she started her jog, she stood in the driveway trying to find her playlist. As she did that she heard somebody say good morning from a far. She looked over and saw a guy with a light skin complexion, checking his mailbox.

"Good morning?", Aaliyah replied.

"New to the neighborhood?", he asked as he walked over.

"Yea", she said. "Basically"

The guy nods as he looks her up and down. "So you enjoying it?", he asked.

"Yea", Aaliyah said.

"That's good", he said. "Well, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Deontre by the way"

"Nice to meet you", Aaliyah said as she began to walk away from him.

"I didn't get yours", he said.

"Kerry", Aaliyah said.

He nods. "Well Kerry, if you need anything I'm right next door. Ya know, if that okay with your boyfriend if you have one"

"I don't", Aaliyah said.

Aaliyah didn't know who this guy was. She didn't know if he was a guy looking for Dre or what. She lied about her name and the fact that she had a boyfriend to protect herself. She just hoped he didn't know carmen.

Deontre nods. "Oh", he said.

"But I'm about to go for a run", she said. "Nice meeting you"

"Same to you", he replied.

Aaliyah starred her music and started walking away. He watched her as he checked out her butt.

"God damn", he said to himself as he walked to his s house.

Aaliyah looked back at the guy as he walked in the house then looked forward again and continued to walk.

TO BE CONTINUED...