Chapter 5

When Aaliyah left Dre, she when to Keyanna's house. She knocked on the door and DaQuan answered.

"Hey, how is the soon-to-be groom?", Aaliyah asked.

"I'm doing good Aaliyah. I was just heading out", he said sounding a little nervous.

Aaliyah makes a face. "Why are you acting like that?", she asked.

"Like what?", he asked as he walked out of the house. "I'm good"

Aaliyah rolled her eyes and shook her head "whatever", she said.

Aaliyah walked into the house and she saw Keyanna and her own mother on the couch.

Aaliyah paused. "What the fuck is this Keyanna?", she asked.

Keyanna quickly stood up. "Aaliyah listen", she said as she walked to her. "She just wants to talk to you"

"Honey. I'm- I'm clean now", Aaliyah's mom said.

Aaliyah walks past Keyanna and to her mom. "I don't care, mom. I don't! You shouldn't have gotten the way you did! You had a child! You had me!"

"Aaliyah I was going through a rough time at the time", Aaliyah's mom said.

"Rough times or not you don't leave a 10-year-old girl to fend for herself while you're never home", Aaliyah said.

"You had Keyanna's mom", she said.

"Okay and what about mine!?", Aaliyah asked. "Do you know what I had to do to get by? The type of person you made me become?"

Her mom sighed. "Honey I'm sorry", she said.

"I haven't seen you in 8 years", Aaliyah said. "What makes you think that because you're clean and you wanna come and talk to me now makes what you did in the past any better?? I hate so much hate for you that it's too much to even express it"

Her mom was quiet.

Aaliyah looks at Keyanna. "You got the nerve to even think I would wanna see her", Aaliyah said.

"Liyah, I'm sorry it's just that-", Keyanna began to say.

"It's just that nothing", Aaliyah said before she walked out.

Keyanna looked at Aaliyah mom. "She'll come around", Keyanna said.

"I don't think that she will", she said looking down.

Keyanna looked down.

——————————————————————

Aaliyah got into the car and cried. As she calmed herself down and wiped her tears she picked up her phone and called Dre.

"Hello", he answered.

"Hey, I could really use that hit right about now", she said.

"Oh you need some gas?", he asked.

"Pretty much", she said.

"Come on", he said.

———————————————-

Dre gave Aaliyah the weed and she gave him the money.

"Nah you can keep this. Just another thank you for what you did the other night", he said.

"Nah. Just like I need my money, you need yours too", she said as she sat down to roll her blunt.

"You know what you doing?", he asked.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes and ignored him.

Dre felt the tension between them. "...you good?", he asked.