Chapter 52

It's the next morning and Aaliyah had been up all night because she didn't know what was going on with Dre or where he was. Dre never came home and Jay nor him was answering their phone. She got dressed and got into the car and drove to Dre old house that they sell drugs out of. Of course, guys were outside fooling around and they all stop and looked Aaliyah once they got out the car.

"Long time no see", one of the said.

"Here for another job?", another asked.

Aaliyah looked at them for a second and said, "yes. So, where's Dre?". Dre and her agreed to not tell anybody they dated mainly because Aaliyah was pregnant at the time but even though she isn't, they still wanna keep it that way.

"He ain't here, but you can wait if you want", a guy said.

"I rather not", Aaliyah said as she walked to the car and got in.

She decided to call him again before pulling off but it went straight to voicemail.

"Damn it Dre", she said out loud as she dialed Jay's number.

"Yo?", he answered.

"Where have you been? I called you", Aaliyah said.

"I was kinda sleep", Jay said.

"Well.. have you heard from Dre?", Aaliyah asked.

"Yea he out of town", Jay said. "I forgot to tell you. He had to handle some business. He couldn't call because he has to keep it on the low"

"Wow", Aaliyah said. "Okay, whatever... where did he go?"

"New York", Jay replied. "He'll be there for a few days"

Aaliyah was quiet for a moment. "What's in New York and I don't understand why I wasn't important enough to at least tell me", she asked.

"It was last minute sis. He didn't expect to be there that long he was used to come home this morning", Jay said. "And I can't really tell you what's going on"

"I get it. You may have known Dre a few more years than me but I'm your sister. You should be looking out for me", she said.

"I do, just some things that you don't need to know. The less you know the better", Jay said.

"Mmm", Aaliyah said. "Talk to you later"

"Alright", he said.

Aaliyah hung up and called Carmen. It took her a while to answer but she eventually did.

"Hey sis", Carmen said.

"Hey. How was your trip back to New York?", Aaliyah asked.

"Good", Carmen said. "What's up?"

"I need you to be my little detective, if you're not busy", Aaliyah said.

"Mmm, what can I do for you?", Carmen asked.

"I need to know if Dre is in New York", Aaliyah said. "And if so where and who with"

"..ummmm...", Carmen said.

"Um what?", Aaliyah asked. "You must know something I don't"

Carmen was quiet. It was too quiet as if she had her phone on mute.

"Carmen!", Aaliyah yelled.

"Sorry. I was doing something", Carmen said. "I look and see what I can do girly"

"...okay", Aaliyah said as she squinted her eyes. She felt like something was up. "Well call me when you find something"

"Will do", Carmen said.