Chapter 82

The next day Aaliyah went to work and she wasn't feeling good at all, but she went anyways.

"You alright?", Shayla asked as she was hanging clothes.

"Yea I'm fine. Just a bit of morning sickness", Aaliyah said.

Shayla nods. "So, have you told him?", she asked.

"Yes. Last night", Aaliyah said. "But other things were happening so we didn't really talk about it"

"Oh. But I'm pretty sure he's feeling great about it", Shayla said.

"Or he's just saying it just to say it", Aaliyah said. "Which he is", she mumbled.

"Huh?", Shayla asked.

"Nothing", Aaliyah said.

Shayla was quiet for a moment. "...I know this isn't my business... but Aaliyah you come to put on a smile but I can see it in your eyes that you aren't all the happy. I don't know why and you don't have to tell me. But I see so much greatest in you"

Aaliyah just looks at her, with a sad look.

"I'm sorry..maybe I shouldn't have said that", Shayla said.

"No..you just remind me so much of my best friend...she was murdered", Aaliyah said

"...I'm sorry to hear that", Shayla said

"She was like a sister to me.. the only real friend I ever had", Aaliyah said.

"And you still have her. You don't have to see her for her to be with you", Shayla said.

Aaliyah nods.

A customer walked to the register.

"I'm coming ma'am", Shayla said as she walked to the register.

——————————————

Dre was doing a puzzle with Andre as there was a knock at the door.

Dre got up and opened it and it was Nae.

"Girl what the fuck is your problem? Where you been?", Dre asked.

"I don't have to tell you anything", Nae said as she walked in.

"You do when you got my kid around just anybody", Dre said.

"She was my cousin", Nae said.

"I don't give a fuck who she is! If you aren't watching him, you give him to me!", Dre shouted. "Yet you out vacationing with some nigga and can't even connect your son"

"Dre I don't wanna argue with you right now", Nae said. "This is why we aren't together"

"We aren't together cause you used me", Dre said.

"No Dre we aren't together because you are not boyfriend material", Nae said. "Dre I did fall for you...I- I even loved you Dre but once I got pregnant, I started seeing less of you"

"I was trying to make money. We were having a fucking baby. I can just sit on my ass", Dre said.

"It's a difference between being busy at work and making time for people that you love", Nae said. "I don't even understand how that girl put up with you and the shit you do"

Dre got quiet.

"Even though...I can tell that you love her more than you ever loved me but...it won't last", Nae said.