Chapter 19

Its been a week since Aaliyah found out she was pregnant. He had moved into her new apartment. DaQuan, Jay, and Keyanna helped.

Keyanna was helping with the decorations. "Why did you move from your apartment again? you never told me", she said.

"Long story", Aaliyah said.

"I got time", Keyanna said as she hung pictures

"I got in a situation that put a target on my back", Aaliyah said. "They wanted to kill me basically"

"Damn. Like the time we were 20 and you got into with that girl at the club", Keyanna said.

"Nah worst", Aaliyah said. "Did you hear about Keem getting shot?"

"No", Keyanna said.

"Well that happened at my apartment.. went my mom got shot", Aaliyah said.

"Oh", Keyanna said.

"They think I had something to do with it", Aaliyah said even though she did have something to do with it but she didn't wanna tell Keyanna.

"Ya know Aaliyah. Maybe this baby is a good thing, so you won't end up getting yourself killed", she said.

Aaliyah smiled a little. "Not even gonna lie I have almost died a few times", Aaliyah said.

Keyanna chuckles. "You dont say", she said sarcastically.

"Hush", Aaliyah said as she walked to her huge furry rug. "Jay can you help me with this?", Aaliyah asked.

"Yea", Jay said as he walked to her.

"Cut the wrapping off", she said.

Jay took his pocket knife and began slicing the sticker wrapped around the rug to keep it rolled up. Keyanna walked to DaQuan outside.

"So.. when you plan on telling Dre?", Jay asked.

"I don't think I will", Aaliyah said.

"Why not?", Jay asked. "He's just as responsible as you are"

"Yea... but I just don't want to", Aaliyah said.

"You scared of what he'll say or something?", Jay asked.

Aaliyah was quiet. It was true she hasn't told Dre because of what he'd might say. She hadn't heard from him in two or three weeks. She assumed he didn't care about about her as much as herbo and D. Patt was putting in her head.

"...how about I put it like this. How did it feel for you to grow up without a dad? Without a male figure to show you how you should be treated by a man. Somebody who makes you feel protected?", Jay asked. "You say you don't wanna be like your mom or whatever when it comes to parenting. But you're doing the first thing she did"

Aaliyah looked down.

"Dre might not be the perfect guy.. may be a bad influence but... he knows when to switch it up around the people he needs to...Besides, you don't need to raise no kid on your own", he said.

Aaliyah looked at Jay. "Okay.. I'll tell him", she said.

Jay nods. "And how about dad", Jay asked.

"I don't know. We've been talking a few times throughout the week and I'm still a little nervous", Aaliyah said. "He's so.. different from my mom"

"Tell him", Jay said. "He won't say nothing out the way trust me. You're grown"

Aaliyah nods. "I know.. I just.. I don't know. He doesn't know my past and when he finds out that I don't even date this guy and never did.. he'll look at me differently"