Chapter 78

It's been a few days since Aaliyah was back home. Come to find out Dre somehow got off probation and the charges were dropped. He never told Aaliyah how or why though.  Aaliyah did get a job at the strip club again but this time it was a different one. She was doing it until she found her niche. 

That night, Aaliyah got out of the shower and walked into the bedroom, where Dre was sitting up in bed on his laptop. Aaliyah glanced at him as she walked to the closet.

"I thought you were done drug dealing", she asked.

"I am", he said as he typed.

"So, what are you doing on your laptop?", she asked.

"Handling business", he replied.

Aaliyah grabbed a long trench coat and laid it on the bed.

"We got beef or something?", she asked.

"Nah", he said as he finally looked at her. "But I thought you said you were done stripping"

"You gonna pay my bills?", she asked.

"I could", he said.

"With what money?", she asked.

"So, you gone go there?", he asked.

"I'm just saying", Aaliyah said. "I didn't finish high school and I'm not working fast food"

"Then how about you go get your life together", he said.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes and put her towel on the bed.

Dre looked at her body then at the computer and let out a loud sigh.

"What?", Aaliyah asked. "You know you've been kinda rude since I got back"

"No I haven't", he said.

"Yes, you have and you been keeping secrets from me. Dre you've barely even looked at me", she yelled.

Dre was quiet.

Aaliyah shook her head. "If you don't want me anymore just say", she said.

"See, I didnt even say that", he replied.

"That's what it seems like! You've been distant. I don't know what it is but if you continue then I have no chance but to think what I assume cause you're not telling me anything", Aaliyah argued.

"...Bae just gets dressed or barely dressed. Whatever you do before you go to work", he said.

"Wow.. okay Andre", Aaliyah said.

Dre looked at Aaliyah because he hasn't been called that in a long time. The only time he heard that name is when he talks to his son because his son was named after him.

Aaliyah began getting dressed.

"I don't have no beef with you. I love you and you know that. But if I don't wanna talk about a certain thing, you can't force me", he said.

Aaliyah began putting on lotion. "You're right. I can't", she said.

Dre didn't say anything. He just looked at her for a moment then looked back at his computer.

----------------------------------------------------------------

While Aaliyah was at work, one of the other strippers bumped into her. Her name was Hazel. Hazel has been picking with Aaliyah since she started working there tonight.

"Oops", she said sarcastically. "Didnt see you there"

"Bitch, you know you saw me", Aaliyah replied.