Chapter 27

The next day, Dre woke up and checked his phone. He didn't see anything from Aaliyah so he put the phone down. Dre got out the bed and looked back at Nae who was sleeping next to him. He walked into the bathroom to washed his face. He was stressed out last night and decided he go to Nae's house and let that stress out. After washing his face he walked back into the room.

Nae was awake but still laying there. "So.. you wanna tell me what was wrong with you last night?", she asked.

Dre put his shirt on. "Let's be real do you care?", he asked.

"I mean usually I wouldn't but ... the vibe was different this time. You seemed sad and angry at the same time", she said.

Dre sat on the edge of the bed and picked up his shoe. "Nothing, Nae", he said.

Nae sat up and looked at him. His back was facing her.

Dre was quiet as he put his shoe on.

"Is it about her Aaliyah?", she asked.

"...we broke up last night. She kinda just disappeared", he said as his back faced her.

"...how do you feel about that?", she asked.

"Nae how much money you want? Cause I know that's why you acting like you care", he said after he put his other shoe on.

"I do want some money cause Andre needs clothes", she said.

"I just brought him clothes", he said.

"Well he needs more. But besides.. that's not why I'm interested in what's wrong with you. I actually care", she said.

Dre got up and looked at her. "I fucked up and she gone. End of story"

"She found out about us messing around?", she asked. "She does know it's like no strings attached right? Like I don't want you"

"This ain't funny Nae", he said.

"I know. I guess I get the jokes during serious times from you", she said.

Dre sighed.

"I know I've been like seducing you and stuff even when you told me to had a girlfriend now but.. i didn't know you guys were serious", she said.

"It ain't an us no more", he said. "She's gone how many times I gotta tell you that"

"She's only gone because you aren't trying", she said. "You really like that girl and I can tell by the way you're acting and yet you came here and had sex with me last night. Dre I know you're not used to relationships but that's not how you get somebody back", she said.

"I'm not about to beg her to talk to me. If she wanna talk, she'll talk. Until then... it's whatever", he said.

"Saying it's whatever , is only hurting you. You wanna say it's whatever but deep down inside you know it's not", Nae said.

Dre didn't say anything.

"You fucked up. Not her. You need to talk. Not her", Nae said. "Stop being stubborn. Not every bitch is going to come running back to you after you mess up"

Dre changes the subject. "Imma say goodbye to my son and then imma leave", he said as he walked out the room.

Picture of Andre (Dre's son)

PICTURE OF NAE (Dre's babymama)

—————————————————————————

Aaliyah woke up in a hotel room in Bronx, New York. She looked at the time and to see it Dre tried to call but he didn't. She thought that Dre killed Herbo and thought that she'd be next so she panicked and ran. It's like one part of her regretted leaving Atlanta but the other part of her didn't.

Aaliyah got a phone call from her dad so she answered it. "Hello?", she answered.

"Hey Liyah. You still want me to give you that oil change?", he asked.

"Umm.. no you're fine. I um.. I'm on a little vacation right now. Decided to visit the state I was born in", she said. "You know a little girls trip"

"Oh.. okay. Well y'all have fun", he said. " and be safe"

"Will do", she said.

"Alright well I won't hold you up. You sound like you're still sleep so imma call you later", he said.

"Okay", she said

"I love you", he said.

That was the first time she heard those words in long time. "...Love you too", she said

"Alright bye", he said.

"Bye", Aaliyah replied before she hung up.

Aaliyah sat sat there and looked around. She felt back for lying to him because she didn't plan on going back.

She wondered what she was going to do next. The only thing she knew was the streets and she didn't have a high school diploma so she knew she would never find a job that would make good money, unless it was stripping and sooner or later her belly was going to get big so that was out of the question. As she thought about her next hustle she got in the shower and got dressed afterward. She decided to go out and get her some breakfast so she walked to the nearest restaurant. As she walked, she kept getting looks and people were saying hey. They acted as if they knew here but Aaliyah didn't pay it any mind. Suddenly, a girl comes up to her.

"Carmen? You just gonna walk past me like you don't know me", she said.

Aaliyah made a face. "Carmen? That's not my name", she said,

"Girl stop playing", she said.

"Didn't I say my name is not Carmen", Aaliyah said in a serious tone.

The girl paused and looked at her as if she saw a ghost. "Oh my gosh", the girl said.

Aaliyah makes a face and shook her head as she started walking away.

The girl stopped her. "Wait", she said.

Aaliyah jerked away. "Girl I don't know you, don't touch me", Aaliyah said.

"But I know you", she said.

Aaliyah makes a face.

"Well I don't know you, I know of you but then again i don't know your name but I know of you... that probably doesn't make any sense but look", she said as she pulled her phone out. She started to FaceTime somebody and finally they answer.

"I'm sleep", the girl on the phone said,

"Girl, I got somebody to show you. You are not going to believe this shit", the girl said.

"Don't show me to nob-", Aaliyah stopped talking

The girl turned her phone around and it was like Aaliyah was looking in the mirror.

"What the fuck", Aaliyah said,

"Oh my gosh", the girl on the phone said.

"I found your twin!", the girl said as she got excited.

"Twin?", Aaliyah questioned.

TO BE CONTINUED...