Chapter 55

After Aaliyah got herself together, she walked back into the house and saw Dre sitting alone with his the palms of his hands in her face as he was leaned forward. Aaliyah walked to him and tapped his shoulder.

Dre looked up.

"I'm going back home", Aaliyah said. "I um.. I don't wanna be in the way"

"Is that the real reason or is it because you don't wanna be with me anymore,", he asked.

"...I wanna be with you Dre but.. it's like every time we take one step forward, we take two steps back", she said. "I know I'm not perfect. I have even you so many mixed signals and you've known what you wanted the minute you told me but.. I guess I was just scared alright. I felt some time of way about you before Keyanna's wedding... I just... I don't know"

Dre stands up. "Let's talk outside", he said.

Dre and Aaliyah walk outside.

"You sure you wanna go home?", Dre asked.

"That's what you've wanted right?", Aaliyah asked.

"Because I don't want you to get hurt", Dre replied.

"Well, that's why I'll leave", Aaliyah said.

Dre looks down for a moment and then back at her. "You wanna do me a favor?", he asked.

"What?", Aaliyah questioned.

"I don't really ask people to do this but... you wanna look after my business while I'm gone?", Dre asked.

"Even the drug dealing?", she asked.

"Yea. If you want", he said.

"Hmm.. sure", she said.

"Well you don't have to worry about the club. I can do that off my laptop. Just the drug dealing part", he said. "I just need you to make sure everybody doing what they need to do and money looking right and I'm not loosing no money. You ain't gone be doing no trading with other people or nothing"

"...you really want me to do that?", Aaliyah asked.

"Yea... I mean like me and you are together and I trust you and I wanna show you that I'm really interested in a future with you", Dre said.

Aaliyah rolls her eyes. "Dre don't come at me with that shit. Don't say all of this because I'm mad at you", she said.

"No, I'm not", he said.

"I just don't get it how you go from I don't do relationship to telling me you see a future with me?", she asked.

"Why can't shit change? People have a change in mindset", Dre said.

Aaliyah looked away.

"...I don't say shit unless I mean Liyah. I'm not saying it to get on your good side. If I'm not on your good side then I'm not on your good side. If you don't wanna do me that favor then so be it", she said.

"...I'll do it", Aaliyah said.

"Do you know what you doing?", he asked.

"Yea", Aaliyah said. "I guess I do"

"Jay will help you", he said.

"I don't need his help", Aaliyah said.

"So you good like that?", Dre asked. "Don't let me find out I'm loosing money when I get home"

"...when will you be home?", she asked.

"...I don't know yet but I'll be home soon", Dre said.