Chapter 51

While Dre was gone, Aaliyah looked Dre room. As many times as she'd been there she never really stopped to look at what was actually there. She saw a drawer that was cracked open and began to close it but saw a photo album. She opened the drawer and grabbed it. Then she sat on the bed as she began to look at it. She saw his baby pictures and chuckles as she flipped through them. She saw his mom and other people that she didn't know. Once she got to his childhood pictures she paused and look closer at him and the back ground. It was where she grew up and she remembered his face. As she flipped to the next page it was a picture of her and him when they were in like elementary school. Aaliyah too the picture out and looked at it. She looked so happy in the picture.. it was before her mom feel off bad.

Suddenly, she heard walking down the hall and assumed it was Dre so she quickly put the picture back and closed the book and went tot he drawer and put it back.

Jay opened the door as she closed the drawer.

"Oh. It's you", she said.

"I guess that's the words of somebody doing something they aren't supposed to", he said.

Aaliyah chuckles. "What are you doing here brother?", she asked. "Where's Dre?"

"Shoot I thought he was here", Jay said.

"Well how did you get in here?", she asked.

"The door was cracked open", Jay open.

Aaliyah makes a face.

Jay notices Aaliyah's facial expression and slowly turns around. "Wait right her", he said as he walked out the room and shut the door behind him.

He pulled his gun out and walked slowly down the hall. He looked in the room and then went downstairs. Suddenly, he saw Dre come from outside the back.

Dre looks at Jay. "What you doing? And what you doing here?", Dre asked.

Jay puts his gun back. "The door was cracked opened. I didn't know who was in here", he said.

"I did that. I just came to get something", Dre said.

Jay nods.

Dre walk to the door then pauses and looks at Jay. "What was Aaliyah doing?", he asked.

"I don't know, man. Ain't no tellin with her sometimes", jay replied. "...why?"

Dre shook his head. "Nothing. I just wanted to know if she was okay", he said. "I'm about to head back out"

Jay nods.

Dre walks outside.

Jay walks back upstairs and into the room. "It was Dre", he said.

"He's here?", Aaliyah asked.

"He left back out. He forgot something I guess", Jay said.

Aaliyah nods. "...hey, when Dre first met me or whatever did he say that he knew me or was I just some random?", she asked.

Jay shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know", he said. "Why?"

"Nothing", Aaliyah said.

"Shit he may have knew you because he treated you hella different", Jay said.

Aaliyah was quiet for a moment as she walked to the drawer and took the album out and flipped to the page of her and Dre.

"That's me", Aaliyah said pointing to her.

"And that's Dre... so y'all knew each other", Jay asked.

"Yea. It was cute because he had a little crush on me", she said with a smile. "He was so sweet and innocent... I didn't know Dre was him"

"How didn't you know it was Dre?", Jay asked.

"Well for starters he looks different. Second, acts different. Lastly, I try my hardest not to think about my past unless I'm reminded", she said. "And I didn't call him Dre back then...it was something else I can't remember"

"So...what happened? He grew up in that neighborhood all his life. Y'all didn't see each other your teenage years", he asked.

"My life happened. I tuned everybody out except for Keyanna", Aaliyah said. "I didn't go outside anymore and I didn't see him anymore honestly, after elementary school", she said.

"...well...I guess you guys have things to discuss when he gets back", Jay said.

"Hey, do you know what Dre has been up to lately", Aaliyah asked.

"That's my que to go", he said.

Aaliyah stopped him. "Wait, what?", Aaliyah asked. "I know he tells you stuff. You're like his right hand man"

"Yea and that's for a reason. Because i keep shit to myself", Jay said. "Sorry sis"

"It be your own blood", Aaliyah said.

"Just know it's something you shouldn't worry about... I think", Jay said.

Aaliyah sighs.

"Hey, he doesn't want to put you in danger, so the less you know the better", Jay said.

Aaliyah looks down. "...I feel like it's a lot of think I don't know", she said.

"What do you mean?", Jay asked.

"If he knew that he knew me... then what else is he hiding from me?", Aaliyah asked.

"Liyah, dont go having your mind wonder. I promise you that he isn't doing nothing that would make or break your relationship", Jay said.

"As far as you know, Jay", Aaliyah said. "Dre is... sneaky. I've noticed that about him. He can look you dead in your eyes like nothing is wrong or like he doesn't know a thing but really he does"

"...just like it's layers to you, it's layers to him and everybody else", Jay said.

"...you know he told me he loved me? I don't even know what to do or say back", Aaliyah said as she sat down.

"How about how you feel", Jay said.

Aaliyah was quiet.

Jay looked at his Apple Watch because he got a message. "Look, I gotta go. We can talk about this later if you want", Jay said.

"No I'm good", Aaliyah said. "I've heard enough, thanks"

Jay nods. "Stay safe ", Jay said. "Call me if you need me", he said.

"Okay", Aaliyah said.

Jay walked out the room and left.

Aaliyah laid down and got on her phone.

TO BE CONTINUED...