Chapter 62

The next morning, Carmen woke up and Aaliyah was still sleep. She got on her phone and scrolled through her social media. Suddenly, she got a text message from Dre.

MESSAGE
DRE: how is she?

Carmen looked over at aaliyah and replied saying, 'good'. After she texted Dre back, she got out of bed and accidentally knocked over clock sitting on the night stand.

Aaliyah opened her eyes. "What was that?", Aaliyah asked.

"Nothing", Carmen said as she picked up the clock. "You got here late"

Aaliyah closed her eyes. "Yea", she replied.

"You ready for training?", Carmen asked.

"Five more minutes", Aaliyah said as she turned her head the other way and went back to sleep.

"Oh and Dad's funeral is tomorrow", carmen added.

"Okay", Aaliyah said.

Carmen walked into the bathroom.

———————————————————

After Aaliyah finally woke up and got dressed. Her and Carmen waited for Jay at the same location they were at yesterday.

"I wonder what's taking him so long", Aaliyah said as she looked at the time on her phone.

Carmen saw Jay's car pulling up. "There he is", Carmen said.

Jay parked his car and got up. "Aaliyah what did I tell you!?", Jay asked.

Aaliyah made a face.

"You followed Dre last night didn't you? Aaliyah you ain't even suppose to be here", Jay shouted.

"Nobody runs me. I'm a grown woman", Aaliyah said. "If I wanna be here, I'm going to be here"

"But you follow Dre and you shot those people didn't you?", Jay asked.

"I think you should be a happy brother", Aaliyah said.

"No. I'm pissed. I told you not to go out there", he said.

"But I did and I saved Dre's life. That other dude he had with him didn't even catch it", Aaliyah said.

"Okay but Dre thought that was me and now he tryna figure out who it was because I had no idea what he was talking about", Jay said. "And if he knows it's you then he's gone be pissed"

"I don't care honestly", Aaliyah said.

"No matter what Dre thinks about it. You still need to be cautious alright?", Carmen said.

"I am", Aaliyah said.

"Well shit I'm not teaching you anymore", Jay said. "You can forget about that shit"

"Carmen can do it", Aaliyah said.

"...no, she can't ", Carmen said. "Listen I've caused enough trouble. I'm not about to be at fault for you dying again"

"Fine. I'll find another way", Aaliyah said. "Fuck yall"

"Fuck you too. I don't give a fuck", Jay said as he began to walk away, mad.

Aaliyah folded her arms. "Just take me back to the hotel", Aaliyah said,

"You need to cut the attitude. We're just trying to help you", Carmen said.

Aaliyah ignored Carmen and began walking to the car. Carmen rolled her eyes and followed Aaliyah.

————————————————