Chapter 32

The next day, Carmen met with Aaliyah before Aaliyah left with Dre.

"Now you can come and visit me any time you want", Carmen said.

"And you can come and visit me, anytime", Aaliyah said.

Carmen hugs Aaliyah. "It was nice to finally meet you", Carmen said.

Aaliyah hugs her. "It was nice to find you", she said as she pulled away. "And ... thank you for the advice"

"Any time", she said. "Only think you gotta do is follow through with it"

Aaliyah nods.

"And um... I never asked you this but... what is dad like?", Carmen asked.

"Very welcoming... his wife and kids are too", Aaliyah said.

"..we have other siblings?", Carmen asked.

"Yea", Aaliyah replied.

"...wow", Carmen said. "... I might come down sooner than expected", Carmen said.

Aaliyah smiled.

Carmen looks a Dre. "And you sir.. make sure you keep my niece or nephew in good hands"

Dre stares at Carmen.

Carmen makes a face and looks back at Aaliyah.

"Dre what's wrong with you?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre snaps out of it. "Nothing. I was tryna see a difference in the two of y'all", he said. "I don't see none which is weird to me"

Carmen and Aaliyah chuckle.

"But I'll be sure to protect your sister too", Dre said.

Carmen nods. "Good", she said. "You guys have a good flight"

"Thanks", Aaliyah said.

"Bye", carmen said.

"Bye", Aaliyah replied.

"Bye", Dre said.

Aaliyah and Dre got into the back seat of car. After a few minutes of silence, Aaliyah spoke.

"... I guess everything happens for a reason", Aaliyah said.

"What?", Dre asked.

"... me working at your club.. you wanting me to help you get rid of keem.. me meeting my dad and siblings... me meeting my sister to only see you again... it's no coincidence", she said. " I know I said since I met you...nothing but bad things have been happening but... honestly.. the best things in my life have happened since I met you"

Dre looked down.

"I'm sorry for what I said to you.. I'm sorry for kissing Herbo.. I'm sorry for leaving", she said. "Since we got together I've been nervous about the whole relationship thing so I panicked and found the first excuse to leave... that's why I've been having an attitude with you lately.. I've been wanting you to leave me because I felt like I jumped into something I wasn't ready for.. but you were so patient"

Dre looks at Aaliyah. "I was patient because I knew it was new to you.. and it's been a minute for me"

"...I'm just glad we get to start over", she said.

"Me too", he said as he put his hand on her thigh. "You really had me nervous when you left"

Aaliyah touched his hand.

"I promise I won't cheat again", Dre said

Aaliyah nods.

Dre leaned in for a kiss but she stopped him.

"What?", he asked.

"When I said start over, I meant all the way over", she said.

"Wow.. so you mean no.. you know what either?", he asked.

Aaliyah shook her head.

Dre raised his eyebrows and sat back.

"But... as I said we aren't official yet so you have a week to let out whatever hoe you got in you because after that we'll be working on us", she said.

"...We already working on us", he said. "My eyes are on you and you only. You a full package"

Aaliyah chuckles. "Cut it with the corny lines", she said. "That's not you"

Dre chuckles. "Yea I know", he said.

Aaliyah smiles and puts her head on his shoulder.

—————————————————————————

Aaliyah and Dre got home and Aaliyah decided to go out for lunch with Jay.

"So it's another one of you", he asked.

Aaliyah chuckles. "Yes. But don't tell dad. I wanna surprise him", she said.

"Wow... yea he birthday coming up that's going to be my gift to him", jay said.

"Your gift?", Aaliyah asked. "She's my twin and besides she can be her own gift"

Jay sucks his teeth. "I'm broke what else am I supposed to give him", he asked.

"What happened to the money Dre paid you for that job?", Aaliyah asked

"I spent that shit up", Jay said.

"Wow", Aaliyah said. "I'll give you some money then"

Jay looks at her funny.

"What?", Aaliyah asked.

"You've always been nice to me but... something different", he said.

"Bad way?", she asked.

"No.. I actually like it", he said.

"... I wanna change my ways... I want a new slate", she said.

Jay nods. "That's what up", he said. "Imma be honest with you.. I didn't like your ..no offense.. "hoe way", he said.

Aaliyah makes a face. "I'm offended", she said. "But you you're right.. I was a little out there", she said.

"A little?", he asked.

Aaliyah looked down. "Well thank Carmen for bringing me to my senses", Aaliyah said.

"Come on. What does she say that Keyanna don't say?", he asked.

Aaliyah thought about it and he was right. She guessed she didn't listen to keyanna because Aaliyah felt like keyanna didn't know where Aaliyah was coming from. She guessed it was different with Carmen because Carmen understood every bit of it and went through it herself.

"You're right", Aaliyah said.

Jay nods.

"I should probably leave. This hoodie and these shades won't help for long", Aaliyah said. "I don't want anybody to notice me"

"What?", he asked.

"The guys that wanna kill me", Aaliyah said.

"You I handled that", Jay said. "Me and some other guys"

"When?", Aaliyah asked. "How?"

"The night you ran away and last night", Jay said. "And that is classified. I was wondering why you had that on"

"... did Dre tell you to do it?", Aaliyah asked.

"Dre wanted to do it himself but I couldn't risk him getting killed and he got a kid and another baby on the way.. especially my niece or nephew", Jay said.

Aaliyah smiled. "Thank you", she said. "..but what if you got killed?"

"Then well at least it was for protecting my sister", he said.

"Awww", Aaliyah said as she put her arms out and got up. "Come here", she said as she hugged him

"Ugh. You've been around my mom and our dad too much", he said.

Aaliyah chuckles.

TO BE CONTINUED...