Chapter 84

A couple months later, Dre started his car washing business and a month ago, Aaliyah started her support group.

"Ay man, don't half do work around here. I already had a customer complaint and you're the one who did her car", Dre said.

"Man, it's hot", the guy said.

"And you can quit", Dre said. "Or get fired one"

Aaliyah walked up. "I think what he meant to say was, we are all hot out here. It's the summer. So, if everybody else can put in the work you can to", Aaliyah said politely.

The guy looked Aaliyah up and down.

Dre saw him do that. "Ay, your fired. Keep the shirt", Dre said.

"No you're not", Aaliyah said to the guy before she walked Dre to the side.

"You saw how he was looking at you?", Dre asked.

"I mean who wouldn't?", Aaliyah asked.

"You tryna be funny?", Dre asked.

"Yes, because you need to loosen up. You have a car business. You're not selling drugs anymore", Dre said.

"I know that", Dre replied.

"So act like it", Aaliyah said.

Dre looked to the side then at her again. "I been meaning to talk to you anyway", he said.

"About?", Aaliyah asked.

"About this ring that I have had for a long ass time collecting dust", he said.

Aaliyah was quiet as she folded her arms. "Dre we talked about this. Until you talk about everything with me, we don't need to be married", she said.

"And what about you? You keep secrets. Me? I just don't express my feelings", he said. "Scratch that. That was the old me"

"I haven't been keeping secrets since I found out that I was pregnant", Aaliyah said.

"Yes, and I have been talking to you about things on my mind for the past two month Liyah. I've listened and I'm acting. What more do you want", Dre said.

Aaliyah looked to the side.

"You know what. it'll be a time when I ask you iight? The choice will be yours then", Dre said. "I'm not going to beg. I'm tired of begging. It's getting old"

"I'm not asking you to beg", Aaliyah said. "I just don't wanna make the wrong decision"

Dre starred at her for a moment. "So, you having second thoughts about me?", he asked.

"I didn't say that", Aaliyah said.

"Nah", he said as he started backing up. "Imma catch you later"

"Dre? I didn't mean anything by that", Aaliyah said. "I love you"

"Nah. I know when a girl about to leave", he said before he walked away.

Aaliyah stood there confused. She began to follow him but her phone began ringing. It was one of the girls from the support group so she had to answer because she gave them her numbers for when they needed to talk the most.

Aaliyah answered the phone and began walking to her car.

Dre watched her from a distance and shook his head and looked away.

———————————————-

That night, Dre came home and Aaliyah was cooking. Dre smelled the food and walked to the kitchen.